Got a Great Business Idea?
You can make it happen through the Student Business Incubator, offered through the Centre of Entrepreneurship.
The purpose of this incubator is to enable and foster innovation and creativity amongst students from various disciplines, with the objective of helping to establish a sustainable business.
The Student Business Incubator offers participating students with a location to meet and work on their new business concept. You will also receive support and resources from advisors, consultants and industry mentors, who will assist with the areas you will need to focus on as you turn your business idea into reality.
Business concepts will be matched with industry experts and entrepreneurial advisors to facilitate the development of your business plan, through to implementation.
Benefits to you:
- Obtain support and resources from advisors and experts
- Receive support for up to eight months
- Learn how to develop a Business Plan
- Have a professional evaluate your business concept
- Create and implement an Action Plan
How do you Qualify to be a Participant in the Student Business Incubator?
- Centennial student must be in his/her final year of studies
- Centennial Alumni from the College from the past two years
- Business idea that can be a new start-up, acquisition of a business or an existing business that is deserving of SBI assistance
- Applicants must demonstrate that he or she has the funding to start the proposed business
- Applicants must sign an eight month agreement with the Centre of Entrepreneurship
Let the Competition Begin!
While we would love to have all interested students participate, we are limited in the number of students who can participate. As such, we are conducting a Competition to select students to join the incubator. If you are interested in entering into the Competition - you will need to take the following steps:
- Complete the SBI Qualifying Questionnaire
- Submit completed Questionnaire with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2013
- You will be invited to attend two workshops to prepare for the Competition: Business Plan/Financial Summary Workshop on January 15, 2014, and Business Pitch Workshop on January 22, 2014.
- The Competition will be held on January 29, 2014, where you will present your pitch to a panel of judges representing various industry sectors. At that time, a final decision will be made.
Students selected to become a member of Centennial's SBI will be assigned a Mentor for approximately eight months to assist in building a business plan and start the process of implementation of the business idea.
If you would like to learn more about the Student Business Incubator, contact Gabriella Puschel at 416-289-5000, ext. 8581 or email@example.com