February Workshop Calendar
- For alumni/graduates and the general public only. Current Centennial College students, please contact Employment Resources for services available on your campus at:
Phone: 416-289-5000 ext. 2241
These workshops are located at 1450 Midland Ave., Suite 300, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4Z8
(North-West corner of Midland Ave. and Lawrence Ave., on the third floor).
You are required to register ahead of time by calling 416-289-5000, ext. 7540.
Learn how to sell yourself and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
This is NOT a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
- Monday February 24, 2014 - 9:45am - 11:45am
Limited spots, so sign up early!
A strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers!
- Get interviewed answering common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Prepare in advance: Attend "Impress those Interviewers" Workshop (see above)
- Practice: Ask for the workshop package with interview questions
- Wednesday February 5, 2014 - 9:45am - 11:45am
- Wednesday February 26, 2014 - 9:45am - 11:45am
Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about “keywords,” converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more!
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate!
- Get quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
- Wednesday February 12, 2014 - 9:45am - 11:45am
Job Search Skills
80-90% of jobs are hidden! Learn effective strategies for accessing these jobs.
- Learn a variety of proven techniques to access hidden jobs, including networking, cold calling, and many more!
- Get information on websites to access both hidden and advertised jobs, and achieve a successful job search
- Monday February 10, 2014 - 9:45am - 11:45am
Know the product (you), enabling you to market yourself to the right employers!
- Discover skills gained through work as well as other activities, that would be valuable to employers
- Learn about hard, soft and transferable skills, as well as Essential Skills
- See how your skills match up to jobs you are interested in
- Friday February 14, 2014 - 9:45am - 11:45am