Statement of Respect
At Centennial College, we are committed to building our learning, teaching and working environment based on the principles of equity. We accord respect to all persons, including people of colour, women, men, First Nations, Metis or other Aboriginal peoples, members of ethno-racial groups, people with disabilities, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, trans-gendereds, transsexuals, franco-phones and all persons whose mother tongue is not English.* We are committed to creating our environment through thoughtful collaboration and communication with all stakeholders.
- We are committed to eliminating all forms of harassment and discrimination. We fully support the right of everyone to study, participate and work with dignity in an environment of mutual respect. We will include and respect the abilities, experiences, perspectives and contributions of all who attend, work or visit at the college.***
- We are accountable to our learners, our communities and to the general public for the quality of the learning experiences that we provide, the resources we use, and for the manner in which we treat all people.**
- We will ensure that the college communication is respectful, and that our information is accessible and widely available.***
- We will encourage and engage in dialogue with open minds in an atmosphere of mutual respect. We will consult with and consider the views of all who attend, work or visit at the college.
* OPSEU Statement on Harassment and Discrimination
** Centennial College Academic Framework
*** Centennial College Statement of Diversity