Centennial College Work Study Program
The Centennial College Work Study Program provides on-campus, part-time employment for students in need of additional financial assistance. It is aimed at students whose financial need cannot be fully met by OSAP, OSAP Supplementary programs, or personal resources. Eligible students are allowed to work up to a maximum of 15 hours per week at a minimum of $10.25 per hour. Although the number of hours per week may vary by department, students are not allowed to exceed 97.5 hours per semester.
How does the Program Work
- Students check the Student Services Tab of myCentennial to see what positions are available and/or what departments are hiring. Some departments do not post their vacancies so students are encouraged to enquire at the department they wish to work for. For example, if you are seeking to obtain employment with the Library, you would visit the Library to submit your resume.
- Students submit their resume to the department of interest. The department assesses the resume to see if the individual meets the qualification(s) for the available position before providing the student with an application package. The student then completes the package and returns it to the respective hiring department who will then forward it to the program officer in the Student Financial Services office for evaluation.
- The Student Financial Services Office - program officer, notifies the respective department of his/her decision upon evaluation of the student's application.
- The hiring department will contact the student and notify him/her of the result of their application.
Summer Semester Exception
During the summer semester, students are allowed to work a maximum of 24-hours per week provided they are NOT enrolled full-time during the Summer semester. To be eligible for the summer program, the student must have been enrolled full-time at Centennial College during the Winter semester and be returning to full-time studies at Centennial College during the Fall semester. The maximum amount of hours a student is able to work under the summer program is 292.5 hours which is a little over twelve (12) weeks. Students are still required to follow the steps outlined under "How Does the Program Work".
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- You must be an Ontario resident - be a resident of Ontario for a minimum of 12 consecutive months prior to your first full-time start date at Centennial College
- You must be enrolled full-time (min. 67 %) in a Ministry approved program during your semester of employment (* please note exception for the Summer semester)
- You must meet the financial need criteria outlined by the program.
- You must maintain successful academic progression to continue your employment in any upcoming semester (based on available employment opportunities)
- You must obtain a Work Study package from the department you are seeking employment
- Regretfully, International, Second Career and WSIB students are ineligible for this opportunity.
Please consult a Student Financial Services officer for more information about our Centennial College Work Study Program opportunities. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-289-500 ext. 2457.