How to Withdraw from Centennial College
Step One: Are you Eligible?
- Visa Denial - refunds are subject to a $200 administrative fee.
- Transferring to another institution - subject to $2,300 non-refundable tuition fee (effective for September 2015 programs). Refunds will be processed only if you will be attending a Centennial approved institution in the same semester as you were accepted to attend at Centennial. In addition, the program level must be the same or higher (for example, post-graduate to post-graduate or post-secondary to post-graduate). A valid offer letter from the institution indicating the start date of studies will be required.
- All other refund requests - subject to a $2,300 non-refundable tuition fee (effective for September 2015 programs) and requires approval by international education department at Centennial College.
- If you withdraw after the first 10 school days of the semester, only subsequent semester fees paid will be reimbursed.
- Any outstanding balances owing on your account will be deducted from your refund.
Step Two: Withdrawal Form
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach all supporting documentation required for your case on or before the first 10 school days of the semester. Please include your student number and our refund team will complete your International Student Withdrawal Form.
Step Three: Refund Processing Forms
Refunds will be issued in the same method of payment as the original payment.
The following forms are required:
|Original Method of Payment||Instructions|
|Credit Card||Complete a Credit Card Refund Authorization Form listing the same credit card that was used for the original payment, signed by the student.|
|Wire Transfer||Complete a Wire Transfer Form.|
|Debit||You will automatically receive your refund as a cheque.|
Please note: If your refund is payable to someone other than yourself, a Third-Party Release Form must also be completed.
Please note: For students who are transferring to another institution, your refund cheque will be issued directly to that institution. A Third-Party Release Form is required.
Step Four: Reason for Withdrawal
A – Visa Denial
Please ensure you submit a copy of your visa denial letter to the international office in addition to the above forms. A $200 administrative fee applies.
B – Other Reasons
If you are withdrawing for reasons other than a Visa Denial, a $2,300 non-refundable tuition fee charge applies. Please submit all of the following, in addition to the above forms:
i. copy of your passport,
ii. copy of a valid study permit (if available),
iii. written explanation, and
iv. one of the following additional supporting documentation, as follows:
|Reason for Withdrawal||Additional Documents Required|
|Transferring to another institution||Offer letter from the other institution indicating start date of studies. (see Eligibility)|
|Returning Home||A copy of your plane ticket.
A copy of your stamped passport upon returning home.
|Other||Please contact the international office for instructions.|
Step Five: Submission
Submit all required forms and documentation to the Centennial College International Office.
Please note: For your security, please send your Credit Card Information form to the secure fax number below.
All other information may be e-mailed to: email@example.com
Via Fax: 416-289-5275
If you require assistance with your Application to Withdraw, please contact 416-289-5000 ext. 2529 (Hours of operation are: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM EST)
Students can expect to receive a refund within four to six weeks, after the international office has received a complete and accurate Application to Withdraw package.