Wondering about our General Arts and Science-Science program? We can help answer all of your questions.
Who are our General Arts and Science students?
- recent high school grads who want to improve their marks in order to go to university or other college diploma programs
- students who did not take the right high school subjects or have insufficient credits to be admitted into their chosen university program
- mature students who are leaving the workforce to return to school to prepare for university and better careers
- students who are unsure of their career path but wish to continue their education
What will I end up with if I take General Arts and Science?
- We are one of the few colleges to offer diploma programs in both the arts and the sciences. Students who complete our two-year diploma programs graduate with a Centennial College Diploma (or Certificate if they choose to graduate after one year), a rigorous education that prepares students for success at university with special emphasis on critical thinking, logic, reasoning and solid study skills. Our students graduate with a strong arts and/or science background and the skills to be successful in their chosen field
What advantages do you offer?
- Our classes are small compared to university – maximum 35 students in a class
- We provide one-on-one academic advising and mentoring
- Our tuition is significantly lower than university
Are these programs OSAP eligible?
- Yes - our General Arts and Science programs are full-time, post secondary programs eligible for OASP
When can I start?
- Twice a year - our programs have start dates in September and January
What does articulation mean and how does it work?
- Articulation refers to an agreement with another educational institution (such as a university or other college programs) whereby successful completion of a prescribed set of subjects guarantees admission or consideration for admission
- In other words, if you as a GAS student successfully completed a certain number of courses, you could be eligible to enter a college or university program.
Can I complete my GAS program through night school/part-time studies?
- While some of the courses are offered through part-time (evening) classes, it is not possible to complete all of the required courses for the GAS Certificate or Diploma through part-time studies.
Why do I need to take an assessment if I have passing grades in high school Math and English?
- The English and Mathematics assessments are for placement purposes only. Results from the tests enable us to place you in a program that is tailored to your specific level