Where Do I Begin?
Here are a few tips to help prepare you for career success. It's your career, remain focused, organized and positive.
- Fill out an Application to Graduate form and return it to the Enrolment Services Office at your campus. Please select one of the two:
Application to Graduate (Continuing Education) http://www.centennialcollege.ca/pdf/printshop/cert_achiev.pdf
Application to Graduate (Full-Time) (Graduation form) http://www.centennialcollege.ca/pdf/printshop/appl_grad.pdf.
Please fill out a change of name form http://www.centennialcollege.ca/pdf/printshop/change_name.pdf, if your name has been changed from your time of enrollment.
- Know yourself! You are selling a product - you and your skills. Make sure you know the product well.
- Research! The more you know, the better prepared you will be for all aspects of the job search, especially where the opportunities are and how you can position your strengths.
- Know how your skills match those required for the job!
- Be your own publicist! Remember, you are marketing yourself.
- Be proactive! Do not rely only on the advertised job market.
- Network! Networking is your way into the hidden job market that represents 80% of job opportunities.
- Personalize your job search! Do in-depth research on companies, allowing you to target a specific company, departments or hiring manager and tailor your job search to meet their needs.
- Follow-up! Maintain consistent contact with the people in your network. Place a phone call confirming receipt of your resume and requesting a meeting when applying for a job. Always follow-up offers of assistance and interviews with thank you e-mail.
- Have a good attitude! Remain positive; show interest, enthusiasm and initiative.
- Always be prepared! Preparation gives you the confidence you need to succeed.
© 2011 Centennial College. All Rights Reserved