SchoolsSchool of Advancement School of Business School of Communications, Media and Design School of Community and Health Studies School of Continuing Education School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culture School of Transportation
- Centres & InstitutesCentres & InstitutesApplied Research and Innovation Centennial Energy Institute Centre of Entrepreneurship Culture and Heritage Institute Emergency Management and Public Safety Institute Institute for Global Citizenship and Equity
- Apprenticeship Programs
- College & University Preparation
- Co-op ProgramsCo-op ProgramsContact Information
- Distance LearningDistance LearningMonthly Courses Online Programs Print-based Programs Start Your Online Course Book an Exam
- Degree Programs
- Dual CreditDual CreditCourses Frequently Asked Questions
- Fast TrackFast TrackBusiness Programs Community and Health Studies Communications, Media and Design Engineering Technology and Applied Science Technology Occupations
- Graduate Certificate ProgramsGraduate Certificate ProgramsBusiness Graduate Certificate Programs Communication Media and Design Programs Community and Health Studies Graduate Certificate Programs Hospitality, Tourism and Culture Graduate Certificate Programs
- International EducationInternational EducationAdmissions Programs Fees Scholarships About the International Centre International Student Services Contact Us Global Experience Office
- Joint Programs
- Second CareerSecond CareerApply Now
Apprenticeship is a system of learning by doing. It consists of on-the-job training with an employer and related class studies in college. Apprenticeships vary from two to five years, depending on the trade. Centennial apprenticeship programs will prepare you for an exciting future as a skilled professional in the transportation field, one of Canada's largest industries.
We offer traditional apprenticeship training and Modified Apprenticeship Programs (MAPs), with special features for qualified applicants.
- An earn while you learn training approach
- Professors with extensive, current experience in industry
- state-of-the-art facilities at the province's largest transportation training centre
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
- In-school training is geared to on-the-job experience
At the conclusion of your apprenticeship, you can write the exam for your Certificate of Qualification. Passing the Certificate of Qualification exam means you can qualify for a Certificate of Apprenticeship from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and that you are certified in your chosen occupation.
Please note: You cannot apply directly to the college for admission to a traditional apprenticeship. You must first be currently employed as an apprentice.
Engineering - Traditional Apprenticeships
Child and Community Services
Lift Truck Technician
Truck and Coach Technician
Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited
General Motors of Canada
Honda Canada Inc.
Truck and Coach Technician (ATS)
Truck and Coach Technician (Freightliner)
Truck and Coach Technician (Volvo/Mack Canada)
- Centres & Institutes