Leveraging GCE Skills
The Centre for Global Citizenship, Education & Inclusion (GCEI) works to support students in demonstrating their GCE skills to distinguish themselves to potential employers. Through workshops, resources and one-on-one consultations on digital portfolio development and GCE skills for employment, they work with students and faculty to prepare Centennial's graduates to stand out from the crowd and demonstrate the value they bring to their field and industry.
Creating a Digital GCE Portfolio
As a part of the Signature Learning Experience, students are encouraged to develop a digital portfolio, which can help students as job seekers stand out in the labour market. This portfolio highlights accomplishments and demonstrates competencies that are in demand by employers.
Students can receive support through:
- Attending a Digital GCE Portfolio workshop
- Meeting one-on-one with a GCE Portfolio Advisor
GCE Skills for Employment
For faculty, the Centre provides support in preparing graduates to stand out from the crowd, through building connections between the classroom and GCE Skills for Employment. They offer:
- Advising and consultation to connect GCE skills to both classroom curriculum and respective industries
- Workshops for faculty to build capacity in supporting students in leveraging GCE skills for professional success
- In-class presentations related to leveraging GCE Skills for Employment
Students are able to access the Centre for services including:
- Workshops to learn about how they can connect GCE skills to support their professional success
- One-on-one consultations with a GCE Portfolio Advisor
- Resources to help connect GCE skills to their respective industries
Global Perspectives (GP) Digital Badge
The Global Perspectives Digital Badge allows students to demonstrate to employers specific competencies gained through Global Citizenship & Equity Education. This badge can be used in online portfolios, CV's, personal websites and social media, such as LinkedIn. Through earning the Global Perspectives Badge, students will have acquired and demonstrated the 6 GCE Skills for Employment. The badge is administered through the Centre, upon verification of the required badge components. For more information about Global Perspectives Digital Badge or to meet with one of the Centre's GCE Learning Advisors, please contact the Centre at 416-289-5000, ext. 2464 or email us at email@example.com.