This Print-based synchronous learning experience provides a way for students to meet their educational and specific learning goals. Each course enables students the flexibility to communicate with their instructor by email, phone, or regular mail. A print-based course offered through Part Time Learning consists of lessons, written assignments, exams and the various tools for success. Upon registration, participants will receive a Registration Confirmation Letter, Proctor Information Form, Student Guide and all of the educational materials required to complete the course.
Print-based Distance Learning enables you to work from study material that is mailed to you, in the comfort of your home.
These certificate programs or courses may be taken entirely by print-based correspondence:
- Business Management – Entrepreneurial
- Business Management – International
- Business Management – Marketing
- Cosmetics by Correspondence
- Ophthalmic Medical Personnel - [registration form]
About Print-based Courses
- A maximum of a six-month time period to complete each course
- Study material will be sent to your home by courier prior to the start date
- Most distance learning courses require a textbook, which can be bought from the Progress Campus Bookstore of Centennial College (416-289-5224); textbook information is also sent in the package
- A facilitator (tutor) will be assigned to assist you with your assignments
- Assignments may be mailed or brought into the Distance Learning office:
Continuing Education, Room C2-02,
941 Progress Ave., P.O. Box 631
Stn A, Scarborough ON M1K 5E9
- This office will then direct your assignment to the facilitator for marking.
- Tests and examinations are written at Progress campus. Book exams online.
- To successfully complete a course, students are required to pass all examinations. One Saturday per month is set aside for the writing of exams. Students living outside a radius of 100 km from Progress campus should call for details on arranging a proctor in your area. You are responsible for any proctoring fees.
- Student-initiated refunds may be processed if you withdraw within one month of the start date. Refunds are subject to a $40 administrative fee. To withdraw from a course without academic penalty (e.g., without a “U” grade), you must withdraw officially in writing by the midpoint of the course.