Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada ASEP (MAP 32)
Program Code: 8687
School: School of Transportation
Program Type: Modified apprenticeship program
Program Length: 32 week in-class
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 7028
In the Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada ASEP (MAP 32) program, your training will encompass all of the latest GM vehicle systems, with emphasis on diagnosis and repair following recommended GM service procedures.
Divided between in-class lessons and on-the-job experience, this Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada ASEP (MAP 32) program will offer the best of both worlds. The program is structured in a way that will see you alternate between the college and your employer for a total of 64 weeks (32 weeks with each).
A large portion of your in-class training will involve vehicle electrical and electronic systems diagnosis and repair. You will perfect your technical expertise in electronics and the diagnosing of management systems while training with one of North America's top three automakers and a leader in green technologies. Furthering your automotive knowledge will be your training on GM's fleet.
During in-class training, you will be required to successfully complete five courses:
- Motor Vehicle Gear Trains
- Electrical/Electronics and Fuel Systems
- Motor Vehicle Engine Systems
- Applied Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brakes
Upon successful completion of the Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada program, you will complete your on-the-job experience and apprenticeship with your General Motors employer.
Companies Offering Jobs
- General Motors of Canada
- This apprenticeship program, when compared to a traditional apprenticeship, offers more in-depth training and longer in-class training, so you will be miles ahead of the competition.
- You will receive compensation from your GM employer during your apprenticeship.
- As an Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada student, you may be eligible for employment insurance during the program's in-class portion.
- Upon successful completion of the in-school and in-dealership work assignments, you will receive up to 21 GM Dealer Technician Training credits.
- Service writer
- Service advisor
- Automotive service technician
- Service and parts manager
- Automotive manufacturer specialist
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or GED (General Educational Development)
Applicants must be employed as automotive apprentices at a General Motors of Canada dealership.
- Applicants must secure employment with a General Motors of Canada dealership and then register as MAP apprentices with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Space in the program is limited
- For additional information please visit www.gm.ca
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
- Apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
- Print the Map Application [PDF] and bring it to enrolment services at Ashtonbee Campus
If you are currently employed by General Motors of Canada, please contact Admission Representative Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements.