Automotive Service Technician Ford Asset (MAP 32)
Program Code: 8686
School: School of Transportation
Program Type: Modified apprenticeship program
Program Length: 32 week in-class
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 7296
The Automotive Service Technician Ford Asset (MAP 32) program focuses on teaching you Ford's latest technology, with a specific emphasis on electronics and the diagnosing of vehicle management systems.
Every four weeks of this transportation program, you will alternate between the college and your employer, for a total of 64 weeks (32 weeks with each). During the 32 weeks of in-class training, your studies are tailored to Ford's latest lineup and all aspects of each vehicle's technology. As a result, you will learn everything about the electronics and vehicle management systems of one of North America's most respected and legendary brands.
You are required to successfully complete the following five courses:
- Motor Vehicle Gear Trains
- Electrical/Electronics and Fuel Systems
- Motor Vehicle Engine Systems
- Applied Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brakes
Upon finishing the program, you will complete your on-the-job experience with a Ford employer.
Companies Offering Jobs
- Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd.
- The training you is receive is more in-depth, and in-school training is longer than traditional apprenticeships, giving you the advantage of thorough knowledge.
- Intensive hands-on training in a real-world setting.
- You may be eligible for employment insurance during the in-class training.
- You receive pay from your Ford employer during the apprenticeship aspect of the offering.
The following links will be beneficial to you if you wish to learn more about apprenticeships and the industry:
- FAQs for Apprentices
- Trillium Automobile Dealers Association
- Financial Aid for Apprentices and Employers
- Automotive service technician
- Service writer
- Service advisor
- Service and parts manager
- Automotive manufacturer specialist
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or General Educational Development (GED)
Applicants must be employed by a Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd. dealership.
- Applicants must secure employment with a Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd. dealership and then register as a MAP apprentice with the apprenticeship branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Space in the program is limited.
- For additional information, please visit www.ford.ca.
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
- Apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
- Print the Map Application [PDF] and bring it to enrolment services at Ashtonbee Campus
If you are currently employed by Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd., please contact Admission Representative Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242), for start dates and admission requirements.