Automotive Service Technician Toyota (MAP 32)
Program Code: 8689
School: School of Transportation
Program Type: Modified apprenticeship program
Program Length: In-school sessions consist of 4 eight week blocks, alternating with apprenticeship work terms
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 7295
The Automotive Service Technician Toyota (MAP 32) has been designed for existing or new Toyota dealer apprentices.
During your time in the program, every eight weeks, you will alternate between in-school lessons and apprenticeship work terms at your Toyota dealer for a total of 32 weeks schooling and 32 weeks work placement.
Facilitated from the School of Transportation’s state-of-the-art facilities at Ashtonbee Campus, you will:
- Learn from the traditional apprenticeship curriculum and receive additional training on Toyota products description, operation, diagnostics and repair
- Explore electronics and gain further knowledge in diagnosing computerized control systems
- Gain hands-on practice on Toyota vehicles and components in fully equipped automotive labs, which will give you an edge on the competition
- Gain the technical skills to embark on a career as an automotive service technician
- Enrolment for this Automotive Service Technician Toyota program occurs every other year. The next intake will be in 2017.
Companies Offering Jobs
- In-school training for the Automotive Service Technician Toyota program will be delivered in facilities outfitted with tools and cars on which you will practice.
- This School of Transportation offering will cover an additional eight weeks of material in greater depth than the traditional apprenticeship curriculum.
- You will be eligible for up to $4,000 in various grants and tax incentives.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
- FAQs for Apprentices: www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/apprentices/faq.html
- Jobs - Trillium Automobile Dealers Association: www.tada.ca/Career-Opportunities
- Financial Incentives for Apprentices and Employers: www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employmentontario/training/financial.html
- Automotive Service Technician
- Service Writer
- Service & Parts Manager
- Automotive Manufacturer Specialist
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or GED (General Educational Development), or equivalent
Applicants must be employed by a Toyota Canada dealership
- Applicants must secure employment with a Toyota Canada dealership and then register as a MAP apprentice with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Space in the program is limited
Please note this program is temporarily suspended for the 2016/17 application cycle. The next intake will be in Fall 2017.
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
- Apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
- Print the Map Application [PDF] and bring it to enrolment services at Ashtonbee Campus
If you are currently employed at a Toyota dealership, please contact Admission Representative Ingrid Joaquin (firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements.