Automotive Service Technician Toyota (MAP 32)
Program Code: 8689
School: School of Transportation
Program Type: Modified apprenticeship program
Program Length: 32 week in-class
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 7295
The Automotive Service Technician Toyota (MAP 32) program has been designed for existing or new Toyota dealer apprentices.
During your time in the Toyota Automotive Service Technician program, every eight weeks you alternate between in-school lessons and apprenticeship work terms at your Toyota dealer — for a total of 32 weeks of schooling and 32 weeks of work placement.
At the School of Transportation's state-of-the-art Ashtonbee Campus facilities, you:
- Learn from the traditional apprenticeship curriculum and receive additional training on Toyota products description, operation, diagnostics and repair
- Explore electronics and gain further knowledge in diagnosing computerized control systems
- Gain hands-on practice on Toyota vehicles and components in fully equipped automotive labs, which gives you an edge when you enter the market
- Gain the technical skills to embark on a career as an automotive service technician
Please note: Enrolment for this Automotive Service Technician Toyota program occurs every other year. The next intake will be in 2017.
Companies Offering Jobs
- Toyota Canada
- In-school training for the Automotive Service Technician Toyota program is delivered in facilities outfitted with tools and cars on which you practice.
- This School of Transportation offering covers an additional eight weeks of material in greater depth than the traditional apprenticeship curriculum.
- You will be eligible for up to $4,000 in various grants and tax incentives.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
- FAQs for Apprentices
- Jobs: Trillium Automobile Dealers Association
- Financial Incentives for Apprentices and Employers
- Automotive service technician
- Service writer
- Service and parts manager
- Automotive manufacturer specialist
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Development (GED), or equivalent
Applicants must be employed by a Toyota Canada dealership.
- Applicants must secure employment with a Toyota Canada dealership and then register as an MAP apprentice with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Space in the program is limited.
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
- Apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
- Print the Map Application [PDF] and bring it to enrolment services at Ashtonbee Campus
If you are currently employed at a Toyota dealership, please contact admission representative Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements.