Automotive Service Technician
Program Code: 8530
School: School of Transportation
Program Type: Traditional apprenticeship program
Program Length: In-school session options include 8 week block, 1 day per week for 36 weeks, or 2 nights a week for 40 weeks
Start Date: Fall, Winter
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000 ext.7298
The Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship will focus on offering you excellent working knowledge of all of a vehicle’s systems.
Among the systems covered in this School of Transportation offering will be: engines, electrical/electronics, fuels, transmissions and drivelines, steering, suspension and brakes. Before heading out to your on-the-job experience, you will attend courses at Ashtonbee Campus, among which will be:
- Drive Train Systems
- Electrical/Electronic & Emission Systems
- Engine Systems
- Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brake Systems
To be eligible for this Automotive Service Technician program, you must be currently employed as an apprentice.
- The program’s earn-while-you-learn training approach means that you will be compensated for the time you spend with your employer.
- During the in-school portion of the Automotive Service Technician program, you may qualify for income support through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance.
- Thanks to their industry experience, professionals who teach the courses will be able to offer you solid knowledge and advice.
- The facilities from which you will learn are not only fully outfitted with the latest tools of the trade but are also housed at the province’s largest transportation training centre, Ashtonbee Campus.
- All of your in-school training will be geared to your on-the-job experience.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
- FAQs for Apprentices: www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/apprentices/faq.html
- Jobs - Toronto Automobile Dealers Association: www.tada.ca/Career-Opportunities
- Financial Aid for Apprentices and Employers: www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employmentontario/training/financial.html
- Automotive Service Technician
- Junior Automotive Service Technician
- Automotive Technician
An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent is required for all apprenticeship programs. You cannot apply directly to the college or to Ontariocolleges.ca for admission to this apprenticeship program. For general information about apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
For information about apprenticeship or apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. You must be currently employed as an apprentice.
Apprentices do not apply directly to Centennial College or at ontariocolleges.ca
Apprenticeship and Adjustment Branch
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M7A 2B5