Biotechnology - Advanced (Fast Track)
The Biotechnology – Advanced (Fast Track) program will allow you to gain direct admission into year two (semester three) of this three-year program and receive your technologist diploma in two years (four semesters), if you are a qualified college or university graduate.
In this nationally accredited School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science undertaking, you will discover a powerful and amazing world most people will never see. While training for the commercial food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical fields, you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of microbiology and related sciences, as well as other scientific principles, techniques and skills to work in industrial microbiology;
- Enjoy lab experience with COD meters and gas chromatographs, autoclaves, incubators, fermentation units and gel electrophoresis equipment;
- Learn a host of laboratory techniques, including appropriate safety procedures;
- Complete independent projects, in consultation with faculty, that will help you develop skills in research, laboratory techniques, report writing and presentation;
- Specialize in topics such as advanced biotechnology, systematic microbiology and microbial genetics, biotechnology applications, biochemistry, microbial genetics, clinical and environmental microbiology.
Mon, 24 March 2014 08:10:00
Tue, 11 March 2014 02:26:00
Tue, 25 February 2014 23:56:00
Tue, 25 February 2014 23:55:00