Electrician, Construction Maintenance
Program Code: 4501
School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Program Type: Traditional apprenticeship program
Program Length: 3 levels (basic, intermediate and advanced)
Start Date: Fall
Location: Progress Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 2356
The Electrician, Construction Maintenance apprenticeship program teaches you the ins and outs of circuitry and wiring that are required to become an electrician in the electrician construction and maintenance trade (# 309A).
Falling under the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science, this Electrician apprenticeship program consists of in-class studies as well as on-the-job experience that takes three years to complete.
Because on-the-job training takes place with an employer, that employer must sponsor you to be eligible to take this program. Your Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities counsellor, in consultation with your employer, schedules you into your college sessions.
At the conclusion of your Electrician, Construction Maintenance apprenticeship, including your job experience training, you will be eligible to write the exam for your certificate of qualification. Passing this exam will qualify you for a certificate of apprenticeship from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and signify that you are certified in your occupation.
Please note: Centennial College also offers in-school training for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic (Trade #313A).
- The Electrician, Construction Maintenance program employs an earn-while-you-learn approach.
- School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science professors have extensive and current experience in the industry.
- In-school sessions are conducted in state-of-the-art facilities at one of the province's largest trades training centres, Progress Campus.
- Residential service electrician (Trade 309A)
- Commercial electrician (Trade 309A)
- Journeyman electrician
- Maintenance electrician
- Eligibility is determined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Applicants must be formally employed as an apprentice, currently employed in the trade, and released by employers to attend the College.
For information about apprenticeship or apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. You must be currently employed as an apprentice.
Apprentices do not apply directly to Centennial College or at ontariocolleges.ca
Apprenticeship and Adjustment Branch
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M7A 2B5
Or call one of two area offices:
Metro East: 905-837-7722
Metro West: 905-279-7333