Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
Program Code: 4500
School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Program Type: Traditional apprenticeship program
Program Length: 3 levels (basic, intermediate and advanced)
Start Date: Fall
Location: Progress Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 2356
The Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic program will teach you the ins and outs of design, installation and service techniques of refrigeration and air conditioning systems in residential and commercial buildings.
The School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science apprenticeship will consist of on-the-job training with an employer and related in-class studies that will take three to five years to complete.
At the conclusion of your Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic apprenticeship, including your experience training, you will be able to write the exam for your certificate of qualification. Passing this exam will mean you qualify for a certificate of apprenticeship from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and that you are certified in your occupation.
- The Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic program will employ an earn-while-you-learn approach.
- Professors have extensive and current industry experience.
- School sessions will conducted in state-of-the-art facilities at one of the province’s largest trades training centres, Progress Campus.
- The Ministry of Training will schedule you into your college sessions.
- Depending on the trade, there will be one to three sessions of full-time instruction, usually every Friday, for 40 weeks.
- Building Systems Mechanics
- Service Persons
- Sales Representatives
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Parts Counter Clerks
- Eligibility is determined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Applicants must be formally employed as an apprentice, must be currently employed in the trade, and must be released by employers to attend the College.
For information about apprenticeship or apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. You must be currently employed as an apprentice.
Apprentices do not apply directly to Centennial College or at ontariocolleges.ca
Apprenticeship and Adjustment Branch
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M7A 2B5
Or call one of two area offices:
Metro East: 905-837-7722
Metro West: 905-279-7333