Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
Program Code: 4500
School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Program Type: Traditional apprenticeship program
Program Length: 3 levels (basic, intermediate and advanced)
Start Date: Fall
Location: Progress Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 2356
The Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic program covers the design, installation and service techniques of refrigeration and air conditioning systems in residential and commercial buildings.
No only does the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic apprenticeship consist of in-class studies (that take three to five years to complete), but you also benefit from on-the-job training with an employer. Because of the real experience offered, to be eligible for this program, you must be formally employed as an apprentice, currently working in the trade and released by your employer to attend the program.
At the conclusion of your engineering apprenticeship, including your experience training, you will be able to write the exam for your certificate of qualification. Passing this exam will mean you qualify for a certificate of apprenticeship from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and that you are certified in your occupation.
- In the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic program, you experience an earn-while-you-learn approach.
- Professors who have extensive and current industry experience teach the school sessions, which are conducted at modern facilities at one of the province's largest trades training centres, Progress Campus.
- The Ministry of Training schedules you into your college sessions.
- Depending on the trade, there will be one to three sessions of full-time instruction, usually every Friday, for 40 weeks.
- Building systems mechanic
- Service Person
- Sales representative
- Air conditioning/refrigeration parts counter clerk
- Eligibility is determined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Applicants must be formally employed as an apprentice, must be currently employed in the trade, and must be released by employers to attend the College.
For information about apprenticeship or apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. You must be currently employed as an apprentice.
Apprentices do not apply directly to Centennial College or at ontariocolleges.ca
Apprenticeship and Adjustment Branch
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M7A 2B5
Or call one of two area offices:
Metro East: 905-837-7722
Metro West: 905-279-7333