Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about “keywords,” converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more!
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate!
- Get quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
March 9, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
March 30, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Second Career Information Session
Laid off or received EI on or after Jan. 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria and the application process
- Receive Second Career information specific to Centennial College programs of study
March 12, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
This is not a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
March 23, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Start your own Business
Thinking of starting a business? Learn how to start-up and run and successful business!
- A representative from Centennial College’s Centre of Entrepreneurship will provide information on starting your own business, including ownership, start-up costs, and financing
- Learn about programs and community resources to help you launch your business
March 24, 2015, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
A strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers! Get interviewed and answer common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback.
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Prepare in advance: Attend our "Impress Those Interviewers" workshop if possible
- Practice: Ask for the workshop package with interview questions
March 25, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about job development services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
- Gain information on the current labour market and effective job search strategies
March 26, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM