Download the Employment Services Workshop Schedule.
Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about "keywords," converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate
- Receive quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
May 15, 2017, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
May 29, 2017, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
June 13, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
June 26, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Second Career Information Session (Starts promptly at 10 AM)
Laid off or received EI on or after Jan. 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria and the application process
May 16, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
May 31, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
June 14, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
June 30, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
Please note: This is not a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
May 17, 2017, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
June 16, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers!
- Get interviewed answering common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback
- Prepare in advance: Attend "Interview Skills" Workshop (see above)
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Record & review: Bring a SmartPhone or other recording device to see how you did
May 20, 2017, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
May 24, 2017, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
June 21, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
June 28, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Job Search Strategies
Tap into the 80-90% of jobs that are never advertised!
- Gain proven techniques to access the hidden job market and maximize social media for your job search
May 25, 2017, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
June 27, 2017, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about job development services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on our job matching and placement services, with incentives for employers
- Attendance at preceding Job Search Strategies workshop is mandatory for attendance at this workshop
- By referral only
May 25, 2017, 11:35 AM - 12:35 PM
June 27, 2017, 11:05 AM - 12:00 PM