In order to apply, the
information below is required:
- Program Title
- Program Code
- College Name:
Visit ontariocolleges.ca or click on the button below.
Fill in the required information Submit your application
If you are you an
Apply directly here.
Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
This is NOT a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
Monday, November 3 at 2:00 pm - 3:10 pm at the Thomson Collegiate Institute
Friday, November 21 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am
Breathe: Self-Care in Stressful Times
With the Canadian Mental Health Association, you will explore, adapt and build on culturally diverse self-care techniques. These will enable you to manage your stress during your job search.
Monday, November 10 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am
Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about “keywords,” converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more!
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate!
- Get quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
Wednesday, November 12 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am
Getting into Centennial College
Learn about Centennial College's 100+ programs designed for quick and easy entry into the workforce.
- A representative from Centennial College’s Admissions Department will provide information on programs, admissions procedures/requirements, financial aid, and support services
- Overview of the Ontario college system and opportunity to get your questions answered
Monday, November 17 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Youth Networking Event
- Youth aged 20 to 29 network with professionals from various industries and sectors
- Registration 9:15 am - 9:45 am, Tropicana Community Services, 1385 Huntingwood Drive, Scarborough, ON
- Register online at Toronto.ca/eportal or call 416-392-4876 for more information
Wednesday, November 19 at 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Second Career Information Session
Laid off or received EI on or after Jan. 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria and the application process
- Receive Second Career information specific to Centennial College programs of study
Thursday, November 20 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am (by appointment only)
The Pardon Process
A Pardon opens doors to employment opportunities
- A representative from the John Howard Society will present on Pardons (now known as Records Suspensions)
- Be informed on the application process and the benefits of fingerprint destruction
- Learn about pardons financing options through OW and ODSP
- Bonus: Information on free Asbestos Training Certificate program in partnership with George Brown College, government licencing, placement on a construction site and employment opportunity!
Monday, November 24 at 9:45 am - 10:45 am
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about job development services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
- Gain information on the current labour market and effective job search strategies
Tuesday, November 25 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am (by appointment only)
A strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers!
- Get interviewed answering common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Prepare in advance: Attend "Impress those Interviewers" Workshop (see above)
- Practice: Ask for the workshop package with interview questions
Wednesday, November 26 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am
Start Your Own Business
Thinking of starting a business? Learn how to start-up and run and successful business!
- A representative from Centennial College’s Centre of Entrepreneurship will provide information on starting your own business, including ownership, start-up costs, and financing
- Learn about programs and community resources to help you launch your business
Thursday, November 27 at 9:45 am - 11:45 am