Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
This is not a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
October 24, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
November 14, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Job Search Strategies
80-90% of jobs are hidden! Learn effective strategies for accessing these jobs.
- Learn proven techniques to access the hidden job market
- Get tips on maximizing social media for your job search
October 25, 2016, 10:15 AM - 11:45 AM
November 23, 2016, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about job development services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
- Gain information on the current labour market and effective job search strategies
- By referral only
October 25, 2016, 11:45 AM - 12:00 PM
November 23, 2016, 12:05 PM - 1:00 PM
You Job Link: Develop your 'Personal Brand' for Job Search
Create an excellent resumé and cover letter. Learn good personal presentation – dress, communication, social interaction. Gain useful information on effectively using social media and managing your online presence.
October 25, 2016, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
November 22, 2016, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Second Career Information Session
Laid off or received Employment Insurance on or after January 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria and the application process
- Receive Second Career information specific to Centennial College programs of study
- By referral only
October 26, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
November 15, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
November 29, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
A strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers! Get interviewed and answer common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback.
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Prepare in advance: Attend our "Impress Those Interviewers" workshop if possible
- Practice: Ask for the workshop package with interview questions
November 2, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
November 16, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
November 21, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
You Job Link: Who Am I? Personality Dimensions Workshop
Understand your personality and make good career choices with Personality Dimensions. Learn about your personality, learning style, work style, strengths, skills, motivations and interests.
November 3, 2016, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
You Job Link: Investigate! Career Dimensions Workshop
Explore and identify your work preferences and different occupations using the Career Dimensions tool. Learn how to find out the 'real deal' about occupations, careers and the labour market. Note: It is highly recommended that you attend "Who Am I?" workshop before participating in this workshop
November 8, 2016, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about “keywords,” converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more!
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate!
- Get quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
November 9, 2016, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
November 28, 2016, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
You Job Link: Creating my Career Toolkit
Receive valuable information to use when exploring new career options and making career decisions. Explore factors such as your strengths, skills, career values, interests and circumstances. Note: It is highly recommended that you attend "Who Am I?" workshop before participating in this workshop.
November 17, 2016, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM