Download the Employment Services Workshop Schedule.
Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about “keywords,” converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more!
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate!
- Get quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
December 2, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
December 21, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
This is not a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
December 7, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
A strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers! Get interviewed and answer common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback.
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Prepare in advance: Attend our "Impress Those Interviewers" workshop if possible
- Practice: Ask for the workshop package with interview questions
December 9, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Second Career Information Session
Laid off or received Employment Insurance on or after January 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria and the application process
- Receive Second Career information specific to Centennial College programs of study
- By referral only
December 10, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about job development services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
- Gain information on the current labour market and effective job search strategies
- By referral only
December 22, 2015, 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM