SETAS Early Registration Contest Rules and Regulations
School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science (SETAS) "Win $300 on Your MyCard" Registration Draw
OFFICIAL DRAW RULES
1. SETAS (organizer) of Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology (the sponsor) is the official overseer of the "Win $300 On Your MyCard" Registration draw.
2. The draw period runs from, July 19, 2017 to August 27, 2017.
3. This draw is open to all students of SETAS programs at Centennial College who meet the draw eligibility requirements set out under the eligibility section and is subject to all Canadian applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. This draw is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. Three winners will be drawn from all entries submitted. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility criteria, the prize will default to an alternate or subsequent alternate winner.
5. In the event none of the entrants drawn meets eligibility criteria, no prize will be awarded.
6. All entries become the property of Centennial College and none shall be returned.
7. No correspondence will be entered into except with winning entrants.
8. Draw entrants must be minimum 16 years of age.
9. Eligible entrants are those who are registered students attending Centennial College and in a full - time Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, or Ontario College Graduate Certificate program or Joint Diploma/Degree at Centennial College. Students receiving OSAP are eligible.
10. Persons who are enrolled in Academic Upgrading, English as a Second Language and all Apprentice programs are NOT eligible for the draw. Persons who are receiving income from a Federal, Provincial or Native Band Council program to attend the College are NOT eligible for the draw. Examples of such programs which are not eligible and this is not a complete list, includes Second Career, HRDC, WSIB, Ontario Skills and Opportunities Grant programs. Centennial College employees are not eligible to enter the draw.
11. By entering this draw, it is acknowledged that the entrant has read, understood, and will abide by these rules and regulations.
12. To be eligible for the draw, registrations (timetables) must be completed by 11:59 PM on Sunday, August 27, 2017.
HOW TO ENTER THE DRAW
13. Students who register and build their Fall 2017 timetables will be eligible for the draw.
14. To enter, an entrant must complete registration (build timetable) for a SETAS program via the myCentennial student portal (www.centennialcollege.ca/mycentennial).
15. To qualify for the draw registration and tuition payment for the academic semester in an eligible program are required, by draw date.
DRAW AND PRIZE
17. The three winners will be randomly drawn from the pool of eligible entries on, September 29, 2017.
18. The winners will be notified by telephone, mail or e-mail within five (5) business days.
19. If the winner cannot be contacted and confirmed within five (5) business days, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
20. The prize to be awarded to the winners is $300 applied to the winners’ MyCard. The award will be awarded to the student registered in an eligible program at Centennial College at the time of awarding the prize.
22. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions. Centennial College reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value, whether in cash or otherwise if a prize cannot be awarded as described.
23. The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible students who registered online during the period of the draw.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
25. By participating in this draw, the Entrant agrees:
a) To be bound by these draw rules and the decisions of Centennial College, whose decisions are final;
b) To the use of the Entrant's name, likeness, voice, image recording, and video footage and statements for editorial, promotional, and advertising purposes without compensation;
c) That if selected as the winner, the Entrant gives Centennial College and its agents the right to publish or broadcast the winner's name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes without compensation other than the value of the prize offered; and
d) To release and indemnify and hold harmless Centennial College, its advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, all of their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors, representatives, successors, and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this draw, the awarding of the prize, the use of any personal information, or the use of merchandise purchased in relation to winning a prize.
26. The draw winners must provide proof of age, proof of registration in an eligible program and sign a declaration stating they are not receiving income from the Second Career Program, HRDC, WSIB, the Ontario Skills Development and Opportunities Fund or any other government funding agency or Native Band Council program. The winner must return all necessary documents within ten (10) days following notification that the entrant has won, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entry.
27. Centennial College reserves the right, without prior notice, at any time, to terminate the draw, in whole or in part or modify, or suspend or extend the draw in any way.
28. Entrants must comply with the Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules if they participate in the draw.
29. Centennial College and its representatives are not responsible for any lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due entries, which will be void, or for typographical or other production or distribution errors.
30. In the event that Centennial College is prevented from continuing the draw by an event beyond its control, Centennial College has the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the draw.
32. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these draw rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
33. Personal information in connection with the draw is collected pursuant to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used solely for the administration of the draw and college-related communications.