Regular International Visa Student

You are a Regular Visa Student if you meet one of the following criteria and are applying for a Post-Graduate Certificate or Fast Track program:

  • You do not have courses, diploma(s) or degree(s) at the postsecondary level or wish to transfer credits or apply for advanced standing in one of our programs.
  • You are not registered in a partner school or Centennial College international campus.

Step One: Before Applying

Make sure you do the following before you proceed:

  • Have a copy of the full-time calendar or access to
  • Get high school and other college and university transcripts
  • Get TOEFL, IELTS, CAEL or MELAB marks or proof of study in high school for at least 3 years with a senior English Grade
  • Have a copy of the application form. If you do not have an application form you can: Complete the online application or obtain one from an agent.

Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months for admission and immigration processing.

Step Two: Choose Programs

Select three programs that interest you by referring to the full-time calendar. Please review the restricted-programs list to make sure the programs are offered to international students.

Restricted Programs

Due to limited capacity, demand by Canadian students or licensing requirements, some programs have restricted enrolment — they are not open to international applicants.

  • All Apprenticeship programs
  • Broadcasting and Film
  • Paramedics or Para Medicine

Note: The list of restricted programs is subject to change without notice.

Before you proceed:

  • Check the admission requirements for the programs you have selected
  • Attach any required documents and transcripts (copies are accepted, but originals are required when you come to Canada)
  • Complete and sign the application

Step Three: Submit Application

Your application can be submitted in the following ways:

  • Online (This will transfer your application electronically to the College. In future correspondence, please indicate that you filed your application electronically. Please scan and send supporting documents.)
  • Print (Complete it, then scan and e-mail, fax, courier or mail it to Centennial College.)
  • Apply via an agent.

If you do not have a passport, apply for a passport. Contact your nearest Canadian embassy or visit the Canadian Government website and request a study permit application kit. Prepare your application as soon as possible. The process usually takes four to six months.

Step Four: Confirm Acceptance

If you meet the admission requirements, you will receive a letter of acceptance in the mail. Sign the Confirmation of Acceptance form and return it to the College before the stated deadline along with the tuition deposit indicated in the letter.

Send an e-mail to the International Education Centre when student permit is obtained to arrange arrival in Canada.

Step Five: In Case of Emergency

If you are unable to obtain a study permit before the stated deadline send a fax (416-289-5153) or e-mail to the International Education Centre requesting that your application be moved to the next semester.