Centennial College Work Study Program
The Centennial College Work Study Program provides on-campus, part-time employment for students in need of additional financial assistance. It is aimed at students whose financial need cannot be fully met by the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), OSAP Supplementary programs, or personal resources. Eligible students are allowed to work up to a maximum of 15 hours per week at a minimum of $12.00 per hour. Although the number of hours per week may vary by department, students are not allowed to exceed 125 hours per semester enrolled.
How Does the Program Work
- Log in to myCentennial with your student number and password
- Check the Student Services Tab to see what positions are available and/or what departments are hiring. Some departments do not post their vacancies so students are encouraged to enquire at the department they wish to work for. For example, if you are seeking to obtain employment with the Library, you would visit the Library to submit your resume.
- Submit your application as outlined by the hiring department. If considered, your employer will provide you with an application for Work-study. Once completed, your employer will forward the required documents to the Student Financial Services office for processing.
- The Student Financial Services Office - program officer, notifies the respective department of his or her decision upon evaluation of the student's application
- The hiring department will then contact you to advise the result of your application
Summer Semester Exception
During the summer semester, students are allowed to work a maximum of 24-hours per week provided he/she is not enrolled full-time during the Summer semester. To be eligible for the summer program, the student must have been enrolled full-time at Centennial College during the Winter semester and be returning to full-time studies at Centennial College during the Fall semester. The maximum amount of hours a student is able to work under the summer program is 291.5 hours which is a little over twelve (12) weeks. Students are still required to follow the steps outlined under "How Does the Program Work".
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- You must be an Ontario resident - be a resident of Ontario for a minimum of 12 consecutive months prior to your first full-time start date at Centennial College
- You must be enrolled full-time (min. 67 %) in a Ministry approved program during your semester of employment (excludes the Summer semester)
- You must meet the financial need criteria outlined by the program
- You must maintain successful academic progression to continue your employment in any upcoming semester (based on available employment opportunities)
- You must obtain a Work Study package from the department you are seeking employment
- Regretfully, International, Second Career and WSIB students are ineligible for this opportunity
Please consult a Student Financial Services officer for more information about the Centennial College Work Study Program. You can email email@example.com or call 416-289-5000, Ext. 2393.