New student identification requirements

New student identification requirements effective May 28, 2014

It is no longer a requirement for students to bring their Social Insurance Card for all student financial services. To support and protect student privacy, the Ministry requires proof of Social Insurance Number, accompanied by one piece of valid photo identification issued in Canada by the federal, provincial or a territorial government (See examples of acceptable ID listed below) for 3 scenarios only:

  • Retrieving OSAP Access Numbers (OAN) and resetting passwords
  • Release of Part-time OSAP loan documents
  • Validating the temporary SIN of protected persons

For all other financial aid services a student may present any two forms of identification providing one is a valid photo identification issued in Canada by the federal, provincial or a territorial government.

Examples of acceptable ID are:

  • Centennial College Student Card
  • Valid driver’s licence
  • Passport
  • Provincial Health Card with photo
  • BYID card (issued by the Liquor Control Board of Ontario
  • Citizenship card
  • Permanent residency card
  • Ontario Photo Identification card
  • Canadian Forces Identification card

Apply Now

Canadian Students  International Students 

Full-Time Calendar

Centennial College Full-time Calendar 2018-2019