For the latest COVID-19 information and news from Centennial College, please visit Together Again Winter 2022.


International Education


P.O. Box 631
Station A Toronto,
ON, M1K5E9, Canada


NEW: 2020/2021 Withdrawal Policy

NEW: 2020/2021 Withdrawal Policy

Policy Issued: July 14, 2020. Last updated: December 14, 2021. 

Centennial College recognizes the disruption that has been caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and has developed flexible online and hybrid program delivery options that enable most students to start their program in their expected start date.

For more information: COVID-19 Information Centre for International Students.

Withdrawal and Refund: Online or Hybrid Programs 

Winter 2022, Fall 2021, Summer 2021

Students who have received an offer letter and registered for an online or hybrid program are eligible to apply for a refund minus a $200 admin fee in the case of a Study Permit denial. The withdrawal request must be submitted before the deadline for the semester.

International students who paid tuition fees are also eligible to defer their tuition fees to the next available intake for their program. International students who have paid their first-semester tuition fees will secure a seat in the next available intake if they decide to defer. 

If an approval-in-principle or approved Study Permit is not issued by the deadline to register, the student must contact our International Admissions team to make a decision. Please CC if you wish to withdraw.

Withdrawal Deadline 

Students who have registered for the semester must submit within the first 10 school days of the semester. There will be no refunds after the deadline to withdraw. For withdraws after the first 10 school days, only subsequent semester fees paid will be reimbursed.

Winter 2022 - January 24, 2022 

Administrative Fees Charged

Study Permit Denial – Refund less $200
Other – Refund less $2,650

Deadline to Defer

The deadline to defer your start date to the next available intake has been extended to January 24. Until the deadline to defer, accepted international students can transfer their fees to the next available intake without administrative charges. You must contact your International Admissions Assistant to defer your acceptance into the program before this deadline.  

The Winter 2022 semester begins on January 10, 2022.  The Course Change Deadline for most programs is January 17, 2021. 

Key Considerations

International students do not need a study permit to study online courses from outside of Canada. Students can complete their program and earn an internationally recognized Ontario college credential if they study one of the 50 Centennial College programs offered entirely online. Learn more about Online, Hybrid, and Hyflex Program Delivery Options in Winter 2022.

Students who choose to start studying a hybrid program or program with only the first semester online must complete their study permit process and arrive in Canada before continuing their second semester. If a Study Permit is not approved, students may consider online program transfer options or use the credits to apply for credit-transfer at another institution in Canada or abroad.

If your study permit is eventually approved, time spent studying outside of Canada until August 31, 2022 in a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) eligible program will count towards the overall length of the PGWP. This temporary policy applies to applicants who have:

  • Started or will start a program between Spring 2020 and Spring 2022;
  • Been approved for a study permit or submitted a study permit application before starting their study program; 
  • And whose study permit application is eventually approved. 

Post-Graduation Work Permit Eligibility

Given the impact of COVID-19 on international students, temporary policy changes have been made to post-graduation work permit eligibility requirements. Please review the policy, procedures, and guidance provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has extended the time you can study online from outside Canada and have it count towards Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligibility. All of the time you spent studying online from outside Canada between March 2020 and August 31, 2022, counts toward the length of a PGWP. This applies even if you’re completing 2 study programs. 

You can complete up to 100% of your studies online from outside of Canada and be eligible for a PGWP.  The following time won’t count toward the length of a PGWP:

  • time spent studying outside Canada after August 31, 2022
  • time spent studying before you applied for a study permit

How to Withdraw from Centennial College


Program Withdraw & Refund Form

Withdraw and Refund Form Additional Documents Required
Withdraw and
Refund Form
Download and complete this form if you want to withdraw from a full-time program. This form is required if you want to withdraw your application and request a refund due to study permit refusal or other reasons.

Important note – If someone (e.g., Agent, Friend or Relative) will communicate with Centennial on your behalf to withdraw and request for a refund, the Release of Information Form is required.


Reason For Withdrawing, Supporting Documentation And Charging Fees

Reason for Withdrawing and Supporting Documentation Charging Fee and Additional Information
Study Permit Denial
  • Copy of the Study Permit Refusal Letter
$200 Admin Fee
Transfer to other institution in Canada
  • Copy of Acceptance Letter for New School
  • Copy of your Valid Study Permit
  • Québec Acceptance Certificate – CAQ (if applicable)
$2650 Admin Fee (effective for September 2020 programs)
$2300 Admin Fee (prior to September 2020 programs)
Leaving Canada
  • Copy of flight ticket
  • Copy of boarding pass
  • Copy of your stamped passport
$2650 Admin Fee (effective for September 2020 programs) $2300 Admin Fee (prior to September 2020 programs)
  • Explanation letter
Send the document to the international office and wait for instructions.
  • For students who are registered for the semester – Make a request to withdraw from the program in the first 10 school days of the semester. The semester tuition fee becomes non-refundable after 10 school days, and only the remaining balance on your student account will be refunded.
  • For students who are transferring to another institution:
    • If you are transferring to another institution in Ontario, the refund will be issued directly to that institution, except for initial deposits with a credit card. A Third-Party Release Form is required.
    • Refunds will be processed only if you will be attending an institution in the same semester as you were accepted to attend Centennial. In addition, the program level must be the same or higher (for example, post-graduate to post-graduate or post-secondary to post-graduate).
    • A valid offer letter from the institution indicating the start date of studies will be required.
    • Centennial will not transfer fees to the following Partner Institutions – Canadore and Stanford International; Cambrian and Hanson International; Confederation College; Conestoga College; Durham College; Fanshawe College; Fleming College; Georgian College; Lambton, Queen’s College of Business; Loyalist College; Niagara College; Northern College and Pures College; Sault College; St. Clair and Ace Acumen Academy.


Refund Processing Forms

Original Method of Payment Charging Fee and Additional Information
Debit; Cheque; Cash
Wire Transfer (bank-to-bank)
Global Pay(Wire Transfer)
Complete a Refund Wire Transfer Form listing the originating bank account that was used for the initial payment. If your refund is payable to someone other than yourself (i.e., Family Member, Agent), the Third-Party Release Form must also be completed.
Global Pay for Students (with Credit Card); CIBC International Student Pay; Flywire N/A - Not applicable
Credit Card Complete a Refund Credit Card Form listing the same credit card that was used for the original payment, signed by the student. If your refund is payable to someone other than yourself (i.e., Family Member, Agent), the Third-Party Release Form must also be completed.
  • Refunds are issued to the originating bank account – If you cancel that bank account, please present a letter from the bank confirming the cancellation for consideration. Note that Centennial is not obligated to issue a refund in a different method.
  • Refunds are always credited back to the original card
    • Deposits made with a prepaid credit card cannot be refunded. Before paying tuition, confirm with the card issuer if funds can be credited back;
    • If your old card has expired and was replaced by a new one, the old and new cards are likely connected to the same account. To request a refund, use a Refund Credit Card Form to inform the original card details. Or complete two Refund Credit Card Form to provide us with both new and old cards details.
    • If you have cancelled the initial credit card to do business with another card company, please present a letter from the bank/card issuer confirming the cancellation and use a Refund Credit Card Form to inform the new credit card details. Your request will be reviewed for approval.
    • If you have cancelled the initial card and you no longer hold any credit card, your refund will be issued to that card anyway. You will need to contact that credit card company to follow their refund policy.



Submit all required forms and documentation to the Centennial College International Office or via email at

Students can expect to receive a refund within 6-8 weeks after the international office has received a complete and accurate Application to Withdraw package

If you require assistance with your Application to Withdraw, please contact 416-289-5393 (Hours of operation are: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM)