Job Posting: Student (PTY) NSERC Projects Researcher ARIC-SPR-001
Job Title: Student (PTY) NSERC Projects Researcher ARIC-SPR-001
- Actively participate in the simulation, analysis, validation, optimization and installation of the following four projects and work under the guidance of supervisors.
- Hybrid wind-solar power street lighting with Clear Blue Technologies.
- Solar Photovoltaic Modules Production Optimization with Celestica
- Hydrogen Fuel cell for Electricity Generation with Admira DHES
- Solar Absorption Cooling/Heating with Renteknik
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for research reports and presentations
- Take initiative in identifying difficulties and problems; Consult with the supervisor and maintain work progress in accordance with the timeline.
- Any other tasks related to this project
Duties/Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
- Collect, simulate and analyze related data for optimization and validation
- Assist with preparation of project-related reports, documents, and presentations
- Perform qualitative/quantitative analysis of data, using applicable software
- Prepare written reports to present research results
- Obtain all necessary clearances for the installation & commissioning of the project
- Observe all safety procedures at all time
- Act in accordance to the direction and advice of the supervisors
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisors.
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation; ability to take
- responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress under supervision.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Strong existing computer skills with Microsoft Office, AutoCad, other software, and general Internet and electronic communications.
- Capacity and will to learn new software, research methods, and work routines quickly, under the mentorship of a primary and co-investigator; flexibility in responding to new research opportunities as they arise.
- Ability to share responsibilities with a team of coworkers, including off-campus works with the faculty, staff, and other workers.
Nice to Have Competencies:
- Articulate and tactful communications skills; readiness to work directly with factory workers.
- Working knowledge of Homer and/or RetScreen and other software
- Interest in professional development toward future employment and other research.
- Motivation to engage in and manage a wide range of intellectual and physical work, ranging from simulation to analyzing and monitoring relevant data.
- The applicant must be a co-op (PTY) student of ESET or A&R.
January 1st 2016 - December 31st, 2016
- 30 hours per week
Work will take place at Centennial College Progress Campus except for the “Hybrid wind-solar power street lighting”, when student is required to work at a Downtown location.
Note: One (1) position are available.
Please submit resume and cover letter in one document by 5:00 pm on closing date to Hassan Haji-Esmaeili, Innovation Project Manager (Energy), at hhajiEsmaeili@centennialcollege.ca. Please note that phone calls will not be accepted. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.