Job Posting | Student Researcher WIMTACH
Job Title: Student Researcher WIMTACH (1 position)
Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services (ARIES) at Centennial College is a catalyst for growth, creating dynamic partnerships between students, faculty and industry partners. Together with industry partners, ARIES supports and advances learning, applied research, innovation and solutions that transform the lives of our communities. WIMTACH (Wearable, Interactive, and Mobile Technologies Access Center in Health), the College’s first Technology Access Center (TAC) specializing in Digital Health and operating under ARIES has an opening for 02 positions for Project Management Intern to assist managing and supporting the Cyber Security Program, the Social Innovation Projects and WIMTACH.
The candidate will be responsible in designing and developing NFC, and PCB layouts as well as a successful workable circuit that will work in tandem with a mobile app. The candidates will work with Centennial College’s School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science faculty and be part of a team of electronic team. The candidate must be able to work in cross-functional teams, be solution and detail-oriented and amazingly resourceful in exploring new grounds.
- Create PCB Layout using MultiSIM, Ultiboard, CircuitCAM and Altium
- Soldering tiny electronic components
- Develop a small portable embedded microcontroller-based device capable of wirelessly synchronizing data with a mobile app
- Create embedded microcontroller firmware to collect data and communicate with mobile devices
- Assemble and test functionality of the completed circuit (PCB, microcontroller, interfacing circuitry, and connectivity with mobile device)
- Create a microcontroller based circuit
- Select appropriate electronic components to meet design specification
- Develop microcontroller firmware to support communication with a mobile device
- Design and create a custom PCB using CAD software (MultiSIM, Ultiboard, CircuitCAM and Altium)
- Experience using embedded communication modules (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC)
- Basic knowledge of mobile application development
Specific Qualifications: The applicant must be a current studentfrom Centennial College preferably from Electronics Engineering Technology program
- Job Title: Student Researcher
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: TBD
- $15.00/hour (including 4% vacation pay) - Payment net of required source deductions is deposited through direct deposit on a bi-weekly basis. Timesheet completion is required.
- Location: Centennial College, Progress Campus (Team members have the option to work remotely with weekly, centralized meetings)
Note: One (1) position are available.
Posting Date: 2018-12-12
Closing Date: 2019-02-15
Please submit resume and cover letter in one document by 5:00 pm on closing date to email@example.com. Please note that phone calls will not be accepted. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.