Job Posting | Administrative Assistant
Overall Responsibility: Assist WIMTACH Director in business development and event management.
Reporting to: Dr. Purnima Tyagi
Dates: July 2019 to March 2020
- 24 hrs/week
Location: Progress Campus, Centennial College
Wearable, Interactive and Mobile Technology Access Centre in Healthcare (WIMTACH) supports college-industry innovation in health technologies and offers companies a full suite of technical and commercialization services. It provides a mobile, wearable, and interactive research facility and field-based usability testing frameworks. WIMTACH is part of Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services (ARIES) at Centennial College.
Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide administrative support to the WIMTACH Director and liaise with her research team when necessary.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate board meetings and regularly scheduled meetings.
- Attending meetings with faculty and industry partners and taking minutes.
- Completing documentation related to research projects and distributing as appropriate
- Preparing reports and documents, such as PowerPoint presentations.
- Typing correspondence from a copy or drafting correspondence for the Director’s signature.
- Coordinating with other departments including Human Resources/ Payroll,Financial Services, Financial Planning, Corporate Planning,and the academic schools and departments.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate filing systems and records.
- Assisting in organizing industry networking events, meetings and seminars.
- Coordinating catering and refreshments for various events when required.
- All other Services that are ancillary to the foregoing
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation and ability to handle multiple demands by prioritizing effectively
- Ability to anticipate potential issues, develop alternatives, and take proactive action to maximize the manager’s time
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of MS Office 2010/2013 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Project Management).
- Excellent aptitude for interpersonal relations combined with an ability to interact with senior management and other team members in a professional and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability for team work, working under pressure, and respecting deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours when required
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to offsite events within the GTA when required.
The applicant must be a current student or current graduate from Centennial College. Note: One position available.
Posting Date: June 5, 2019
Closing Date: June 21, 2019
Please submit resume and cover letter in one document by 5:00 pm on closing date to Purnima Tyagi, WIMTACH Director, at email@example.com. Please note that phone calls will not be accepted. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.