Walksafe Service available to all
As it gets dark earlier in the evening at this time of the year, we would like to remind all campus users that Centennial College offers its WalkSafe service to anyone who would like to be escorted by a Security Officer to their vehicle or to a transit stop. This service is offered at no charge at any time of day, seven days a week. To access the service, contact Campus Security at ext. 5240 or 416-439-4357. It is a free call from your cell phone or a campus payphone, or use a yellow Campus Emergency Phone.
We encourage people to take extra precautions at night and in slippery conditions.
Campus users are reminded to remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings at all times.
Please remember the following safety tips:
• Be alert for suspicious individuals/situations and be cautious, especially when approached by strangers.
• Always travel in pairs, especially after dark.
• Walk in well-lit areas, near the curb and away from alleys.
• Avoid isolated areas; do not take short cuts.
• Be aware of your surroundings and avoid using earphones/buds while walking or waiting at a bus stop.
• Don’t overburden yourself with packages or an overloaded knapsack.
• Wear shoes or boots that allow you to move quickly and freely.
• Have your key in hand, ready for use before you reach your car or building.
• If you think anyone is following you, switch directions quickly. If you still feel uncomfortable, seek an area where there are other people and call Campus Security or Toronto Police.
• Report suspicious activity to Campus Security at 416-439-4357 and/or Toronto Police at 911 or 416-808-2222.