Last Updated: September 3, 2020 at 1:16 PM
Resources for Students
We know that this is a challenging time for students. We have put together a list of links to financial aid available through the provincial and federal governments, community supports, and other useful information to help you navigate life, school and work during these uncertain times.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal and provincial governments are funding initiatives, services and supports to address the needs of postsecondary students. The links below provide a brief overview of some financial assistance programs that you may be eligible for, as a student.
You can also check out a new Government of Canada tool to help you find financial help during COVID-19.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
- Canada Student Service Grant (CSSG)
- Government of Ontario Emergency Assistance
- Ontario Tools Grant
Information for International Students
Information for Indigenous Students
The impacts of the current situation go beyond school and work. Below, we have identified resources that can help you connect to food and housing supports, mental health help and other services. Please contact each organization for hours of operation and service protocols currently in effect.
Community and Government Services
Food, Housing and Legal Aid
We have created an interactive map with local listings for food banks, emergency shelters and domestic violence supports. Check out the resources below for even more food, housing and legal aid info and services.
- 211 Central
- Feed Ontario
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Food Assistance
- Landlord and Tenant Board
- Legal Aid Ontario
- Black Legal Action Centre (BLAC)
- Steps to Justice
- Human Rights Legal Support Centre (HRLSC)
- Sexual Harassment and Assault Resource Exchange (SHARE)
- Toronto Animal Services COVID-19 Aid Program
Additional resources to help you navigate life, school and work.
Share a Resource
Do you have a resource to share? Submit it here and we will check it out!