416-289-5000, ext. 8583
P.O Box 631 Station A
Toronto, ON, M1K 5E9
Soft Landing Program
The Soft Landing Program (SLP) is an independent program offered by the Centennial College Centre of Entrepreneurship to assist the growth of entrepreneurial activities under a defined criteria. We assist any domestic or foreign company that fulfills its eligibility criteria to initiate business globally (outbound) and or set up business in Canada (inbound). We also assist in linking these companies to Venture Capitalists, Angels, Incubators, Accelerators and other funding sources, both in Canada and overseas
- Enable the orientation of a foreign company to the Canadian business environment and culture
- Acclimatizing companies to the Canadian tax and legal regulatory framework
- Enable access to domestic and international markets
- Assist in securing partnerships through its domestic & foreign linkages, e.g. CABI, NBIA, EBN, BIC’s and other established networks.
- Provide access to funding sources
- Provide services to a company for up to 12 months, based on an initial ‘Gap Assessment’
- Provide options for a company to rent desks and co-working space, including support services
The company must...
- Have the right to operate business in Canada complying with Canadian laws
- Be inbound or outbound in nature
- Be mature, i.e. already generating revenues or must demonstrate that their product or service has traction in the marketplace and is poised for growth
- Have a viable Business Plan in the judgement of the SLP management
- Have quality of management, background and experience will be an important factor in selecting SLP’s candidates.
- Be in one of the following sectors:
- Clean Tech
- Health Care
- Wearable Technology
- Digital Media
- Information and Communications Technology
- Life Sciences
- Any other sectors as approved by SLP
To apply for the Soft Landing Program, please complete the Soft Landing Program Application Form.