P.O Box 631 Station A
Toronto, ON, M1K5E9
Dual Credit Program
Dual Credit Program
What is the Centennial College Dual Credit Program?
The Centennial College Dual Credit program is a Ministry of Education funding program that provides high school students with the opportunity to earn college credits at Centennial College while you are still in high school. Credits earned in the Dual Credit program count as both College Credits that may be applied toward a College diploma or certificate and a high school credit that will count toward the completion of your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). While completing your College course at Centennial College, you will be given a Centennial College student number, a Student card and will have access to all Centennial College technologies, including email with myCentennial, eCentennial access, the College library, learning centre and the Centre for students with disabilities.
Why take a Dual Credit?
There are many reasons choose to take a dual credit:
- Access to courses not normally offered at a student’s home school
- A change of environment in order to increase success.
- An opportunity to catch up on credits in order to graduate
- An opportunity to complement one’s Co-op placement with related College courses.
- Students want to test drive post-secondary education in order to prepare themselves to enter college or university fulltime
- Students feel ready for a more mature and independent environment
- Students want exposure to the different programs and career pathways that Centennial College has to offer.
How are students supported at Centennial College?
Dual credit students are taught by faculty who are subject experts and experienced with Dual Credit students. Dual credit students who require extra assistance can access the Student Learning Centre and the Centre for Students with Disabilities. These services are available at all campuses where Dual Credits are offered: Progress Campus, Morningside Campus, Story Arts Centre and Ashtonbee Campus.
For more Information speak to your schools' guidance counsellor, co-op teacher, Vice-Principal, Principal or connect with Centennial College:
General SCWI Inquiries
Senior Manager, Academic Partnerships and Pathways
416-289-5000, ext. 3381