The Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship will offer you excellent working knowledge of all of a vehicle's systems. Among the systems covered in this program will be engines, electrical/electronics, fuels, transmissions, drivelines, steering, suspension and brakes.
Before beginning an on-the-job experience, you'll attend courses at Ashtonbee Campus that will include:
- Drive Train Systems
- Electrical/Electronic and Emission Systems
- Engine Systems
- Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brake Systems
Please note: To be eligible for this apprenticeship program, you must be currently employed as an apprentice. Also, bookmark this website and check back in November 2020 for 2021 Ministry funded - Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program updates and information.
- The program's earn-while-you-learn training approach means you'll be compensated for the time you spend with your employer.
- During the in-school portion of the Automotive Service Technician program, you may qualify for income support through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance.
- Thanks to their industry experience, professionals who teach the courses will be able to offer you solid knowledge and advice as you complete the in-school training, which will be geared to your field experience.
- The facilities from which you'll learn are not only fully outfitted with the latest tools of the trade but are also housed at the province's largest transportation training centre, Ashtonbee Campus.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit: