The Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship offers you excellent working knowledge of all of a vehicle's systems.
Among the systems covered in this Auto Service Technician program are engines, electrical/electronics, fuels, transmissions, drivelines, steering, suspension and brakes. Before beginning an on-the-job experience, you attend courses at Ashtonbee Campus, including:
- Drive Train Systems
- Electrical/Electronic and Emission Systems
- Engine Systems
- Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brake Systems
To be eligible for this apprenticeship program, you must be currently employed as an apprentice.
- The program's earn-while-you-learn training approach means that you are compensated for the time you spend with your employer.
- During the in-school portion of the Automotive Service Technician program, you may qualify for income support through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance.
- Thanks to their industry experience, professionals who teach the courses are able to offer you solid knowledge and advice as you complete the in-school training, which is geared to your on-the-job experience.
- The facilities from which you learn are not only fully outfitted with the latest tools of the trade, but are also housed at the province's largest transportation training centre, Ashtonbee Campus.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
- Automotive service technician
- Junior automotive service technician
- Automotive technician
An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent is required for all apprenticeship programs. You cannot apply directly to the college or to Ontariocolleges.ca for admission to this apprenticeship program. For general information about apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
How to Apply
For information about apprenticeship or apprenticeship registration, please contact the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. You must be currently employed as an apprentice.
Apprentices do not apply directly to Centennial College or at ontariocolleges.ca.
Apprenticeship and Adjustment Branch
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M7A 2B5