Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
You may also be interested in the Online option:
Centennial College's Office Administration – General program will offer you the administrative support knowledge to succeed in today's office environment.
While you gain a wide range of administrative skills, you'll also polish your communication and human relations techniques. In small classes, experienced professors will lead you through The Business School offering, which will employ practical application of topics such as:
- Word processing
- Document production
- Office procedures
- Computer applications
- Keyboarding and Transcription
- Cloud computing
- Desktop technologies
- Career planning and networking
The resulting Office Administration - General program credential will ensure you're career-ready for a variety of administrative assistant positions.
|Course Code||Course Title|
|COMM-170/COMM-171||College Communications 2|
|OAGN-116||Word Processing Applications|
|OAGN-123||Office Administration Technology 2|
|OAGN-125||Office Procedures and Communications|
Career Options and Education Pathways
Career Options and Education PathwaysPrinter Friendly
- Office Administration – General faculty members have business world experience and up-to-date knowledge of current trends, business practices and related technology requirements.
- Small class environments connect you with experienced, knowledgeable and approachable faculty, which fosters inclusiveness.
- Further your career opportunities by earning a diploma that reflects high standards of learning.
- Develop your expertise through exposure to essential business software tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
Transfer to Diploma Programs
- You will be considered for transfer to either the Office Administration Medical (2603) or Office Administration Legal (2602) diploma program if you successfully complete OAGN-127 Machine Transcription.
- You will be considered for transfer to the Office Administration Executive (2606) diploma program if you successfully complete either OAGN-119 Transcription Techniques 2 or OAGN-127 Machine Transcription.
- Office assistant
- Office clerk
- Administrative assistant
The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is proud to recognize Centennial College for enhancing the knowledge and recognition of office and administrative professionals world-wide. The Office Administration General and Executive programs are aligned with the IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) Body of Knowledge.
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U,or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
1. Apply Online
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.If you have previously attended a full-time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in-person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2021.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Ancillary Fees||Total|