1163 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough, ON M1P 2X7
Resumé and Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about "keywords," converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate
- Receive quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Interview Skills Workshop
Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
- Please note: This is not a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
- Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Mock Interview Skills Workshop
Strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers!
- Get interviewed answering common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback
- Prepare in advance: Attend "Interview Skills" Workshop (see above)
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Record & review: Bring a smartphone or other recording device to see how you did
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about our job placement services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on our job matching and placement services, with incentives for employers
- Attendance at preceding Job Search Strategies workshop is mandatory for attendance at this workshop
- By referral only
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Second Career Workshop (Starts promptly at 10 am)
Laid off or received EI on or after Jan. 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria and the application process
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Download the Employment Services Workshop Schedule.