1163 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough, ON M1P 2X7
Download the Employment Services Workshop Schedule.
Resumé & Cover Letter Workshop
Speed up your job search with effective, targeted, accomplishment-based resumés and cover letters!
- Learn about "keywords," converting duties into accomplishments, overcoming resumé barriers, and more
- Discover how to create personalized cover letters, persuading employers that you are the best candidate
- Receive quick feedback on your resumé and/or cover letter, to make them more effective
- Dates: December 6, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Job Search Strategies
Tap into the 80-90% of jobs that are never advertised!
- Gain proven techniques to access the hidden job market and maximize social media for your job search
Job Placement Orientation Session
Learn about job development services and how they can help increase your chances of employment!
- Obtain information on our job matching and placement services, with incentives for employers
- Attendance at preceding Job Search Strategies workshop is mandatory for attendance at this workshop
- By referral only
- Dates: December 13, 2017, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Learn how to sell yourself at an interview, and beat out the competition!
- Discuss and prepare effective responses to common and difficult interview questions
- Identify your weaknesses and present them in a positive manner, transforming them into strengths
- Learn effective strategies for handling behavioural questions/interviews
- May include preparation, questions to ask, body language, salary negotiation, handling illegal questions, follow up, and more!
- Please note: This is not a Mock Interview workshop. It is preparation for Mock or actual interviews
- Date: December 5, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Strong interview performance will enable you to make a positive impression and get job offers!
- Get interviewed answering common, difficult and behavioural questions, and receive detailed feedback
- Prepare in advance: Attend "Interview Skills" Workshop (see above)
- Dress for success, and get feedback on your appearance
- Record & review: Bring a SmartPhone or other recording device to see how you did
- Dates: December 12, 2017, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Second Career Information Session
Laid off or received EI on or after Jan. 1, 2005? You may qualify for government-sponsored retraining!
- Learn about Second Career, the eligibility criteria, and the application process