Apply NowPart-time Registration
416-289-5000, Ext. 2246
P.O Box 631 Station A
Toronto, ON, M1K5E9
Earn a great education on a schedule that suits your busy life. Centennial's Communications, Media, Arts and Design part-time courses allow you to explore your creative side and engage you in the communication of ideas through visual and audio means. Learn to translate concepts into tangible images, capture viewers' interest, inform and entertain.
Keep up and get ahead with one of our unique and forward-thinking micro-credentials, designed to quickly help you achieve your career goals. By growing your skills in a specific subject area or capability, you signal to employers that you are prepared for the future of work.
This program lets students master essential skills and critical software for work in graphic communications. All courses are available in a fully online asynchronous delivery.
Data fluency for communicators is a three-course micro-credential program that takes you from the fundamentals of data fluency to crucial skills necessary to draw insights data from your personal or organizational websites and social media channels serve you. It equips you to make decisions and directions that you need to take in your business.
This micro-credential program is designed for learners who want to prototype their own original games. This is ideal for professional designers looking to expand the range of branded experiences available to their clients, or for folks new to the industry and considering a career shift.
This program will help participants achieve the success they want as students, employees or through self-employment. Students will learn to plan, organize, draft and revise written communications of all types; deliver articulate, confident, and enthusiastic oral presentations; respond to stakeholders in a manner that ensures effective communication; and develop, design, and deliver visual communication.
This three course micro-credential teaches the essentials of video storytelling, and how to shoot and edit video for a range of uses. The program is perfect for creative communities, entrepreneurs, students, kids and film-makers. It is particularly invaluable for business. Brands that need to create communication and social media content can now own that creative process.
This program is perfect for anyone with a strong interest in digital production, including project managers, designers and publishers of traditional or digital media. At the conclusion of the program, you will have the tools you need to produce quality design work for digital platforms.
This Recording Arts program is an accelerated, applied program, designed for those who want to record, mix, edit and produce either music or spoken word. We’ll teach you professional recording techniques, along with the practical and digital skills you need to thrive in the industry. This program is suitable for anyone who wants to work as a technician, become a producer, or bring their own audio projects to life.
- RECA-203 - Intro to Music Recording and Audio Engineering
- RECA-204 - Advanced Audio Engineering and Music Mixing
- RECA-222 - Digital Audio Recording for Multimedia
- RECA-339 - Digital Audio Music Production with Protocols
- RECA-340 - Midi, Synthesis and Programming
- RECA-341 - Fundamentals of Music Arranging for Producers
This new certificate provides you with the fundamentals of public relations through six courses that introduce you to this dynamic, growing profession. This certificate is perfect for working professionals looking to upgrade their skills, or for students looking to study public relations on a part-time basis. Pathways Into Centennial College’s Ontario Graduate Certificate program are available.
Content creation for marketing is a growing discipline that is in demand by today’s businesses. This certificate gives you the skills necessary to start a career in content creation, or to enhance your current marketing practice. Learn how to create content that drives the bottom line and engages audiences.
The Art and Design Fundamentals program nurtures your artistic talents, and develops your creative, practical and entrepreneurial skills in visual art and design -- whatever your level of expertise.
- COMM 160/161 - College Communications 1; or COMM 170/171 (testing req.) - College Communications 2
- CEAD-127 - Visual Culture
- CEAD-109 - Digital Imaging
- CEAD-111 - Colour Studio
- CEAD-114 - Drawing 1
- CEAD-116 - Visual Design Fundamentals
- CEAD-199 - Creativity in Context
- CEAD-118** Portfolio Development
- ELECT GNED Elective
- COMM 170 /171(if req) College Communications 2
- CEAD-115** Digital Art & Design Studio
- CEAD-117** Time-based Art & Design
- CEAD-121** 3D Art & Design Studio
- CEAD-124** Drawing 2
- CEAD-126** Professional Practice
The Communications and Media Fundamentals program at Centennial College is an intensive one-year preparation undertaking. If you are looking for a pathway to pursue further post-secondary education, consider this certificate program, which helps you to develop communication skills while offering an introduction to the communications and media industries.
- CECF-108 - Tools and Processes for Communicators
- CECF-111 - Introduction to Media
- CECF-116 - Building Communications Portfolio Skills 1
- CECF-118 - Multimedia 1
- COMM 160/161 - College Communications 1
- FNED-205 - Exploring Digital Culture Pt 1
- CECF-117* Developing Communications Portfolio Skills 2
- CECF-201* Introduction to Media Writing
- CECF-218* Multimedia 2
- FNED-206 Exploring Digital Culture Pt 2
- COMM 170/171 College Communications 2
- AMED-703 - Media Research
- AMED-704 - Intro to Media Planning
- AAM-700 - Digital Communications Planning
- AAM-701 - Integrated Marketing Foundations
- AAM-703 - Account Management Practices
- ADCM-101 - Introduction to Direct Response
- ADCM-102 - Persuasive Communications
- ADCM-103 - Introduction to Mobile Marketing
- CMPW-703 - Web Copywriting
- CMPW-704 - Webtools
- CMPW-708 - Editing
- CMPW-716 - Content Management
- CMPW-719 - eLearning for the Workplace
- CMPW-722 - Policy & Procedure Writing
- EWEM-100 - Expressive Writing for Employability
- CWCM-102 - Writing the City: Narratives of the Crowd
- CWCM-101 - Writing the Pandemic: Narratives in Unprecedented Times
- ARTM-700 - The Creation, Production and Dissemination of Art
- ARTM-701 - Arts Marketing I
- ARTM-702 - Fundraising I
- ARTM-703 - Financial Management in the Arts
- GMD-101 - Design Process 1
- GMD-102 - Drawing in Graphic Communication
- GMD-105 - Graphic Design History and Theory
Seminars and Workshops
- Stay tuned...
If you would like more information about Part-time Learning at the Story Arts Centre please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-289-5000, ext. 2246.
*Please note that all courses are currently being delivered online regardless of the campus information listed.