Apply NowPart-time Registration
416-289-5000, Ext. 2246
P.O Box 631 Station A
Toronto, ON, M1K5E9
Earn a great education on a schedule that suits your busy life. Centennial's Media, Arts and Design programs explore your creative side and engage you in the communication of ideas through visual and audio means. Learn to translate concepts into tangible images, capture viewers' interest, inform and entertain.
Our part-time certificate programs include recording arts, digital publishing, public relations and content creation and are designed to allow you to complete your certification in one year.
Media, Arts and Design Certificate Programs
This program is perfect for anyone with a strong interest in digital production, including project managers, designers and publishers of traditional or digital media. At the conclusion of the program, you will have the tools you need to produce quality design work for digital platforms.
This Recording Arts program is an accelerated, applied program, designed for those who want to record, mix, edit and produce either music or spoken word. We’ll teach you professional recording techniques, along with the practical and digital skills you need to thrive in the industry. This program is suitable for anyone who wants to work as a technician, become a producer, or bring their own audio projects to life.
- RECA-203 - Intro to Music Recording and Audio Engineering
- RECA-204 - Advanced Audio Engineering and Music Mixing
- RECA-222 - Digital Audio Recording for Multimedia
- RECA-339 - Digital Audio Music Production with Protocols
- RECA-340 - Midi, Synthesis and Programming
- RECA-341 - Fundamentals of Music Arranging for Producers
This new certificate provides you with the fundamentals of public relations through six courses that introduce you to this dynamic, growing profession. This certificate is perfect for working professionals looking to upgrade their skills, or for students looking to study public relations on a part-time basis. Pathways Into Centennial College’s Ontario Graduate Certificate program are available.
Content creation for marketing is a growing discipline that is in demand by today’s businesses. This certificate gives you the skills necessary to start a career in content creation, or to enhance your current marketing practice. Learn how to create content that drives the bottom line and engages audiences.
The Art and Design Fundamentals program nurtures your artistic talents, and develops your creative, practical and entrepreneurial skills in visual art and design -- whatever your level of expertise.
- COMM 160/161 - College Communications 1; or COMM 170/171 (testing req.) - College Communications 2
- CEAD-127 - Visual Culture
- CEAD-109 - Digital Imaging
- CEAD-111 - Colour Studio
- CEAD-114 - Drawing 1
- CEAD-116 - Visual Design Fundamentals
- CEAD-199 - Creativity in Context
- CEAD-118** Portfolio Development
- ELECT GNED Elective
- COMM 170 /171(if req) College Communications 2
- CEAD-115** Digital Art & Design Studio
- CEAD-117** Time-based Art & Design
- CEAD-121** 3D Art & Design Studio
- CEAD-124** Drawing 2
- CEAD-126** Professional Practice
The Communications and Media Fundamentals program at Centennial College is an intensive one-year preparation undertaking. If you are looking for a pathway to pursue further post-secondary education, consider this certificate program, which helps you to develop communication skills while offering an introduction to the communications and media industries.
- CECF-108 - Tools and Processes for Communicators
- CECF-111 - Introduction to Media
- CECF-116 - Building Communications Portfolio Skills 1
- CECF-118 - Multimedia 1
- COMM 160/161 - College Communications 1
- FNED-205 - Exploring Digital Culture Pt 1
- CECF-117* Developing Communications Portfolio Skills 2
- CECF-201* Introduction to Media Writing
- CECF-218* Multimedia 2
- FNED-206 Exploring Digital Culture Pt 2
- COMM 170/171 College Communications 2
Create motion graphics for film and TV using Adobe After Effects as you take projects in kinetic type, titling and branded animation through concept and storyboarding to complete digital realization. This course is designed to develop core skills and enhance your professional design portfolio.
Direct response is one of the most effective marketing methods used by advertisers today. This course will focus on the latest in direct response strategies to help you enhance your career in this growing field, including how to develop customized customer solutions and direct response dashboards to monitor and optimize campaign performance.
Perfect for advertising and marketing professionals, or those looking to upgrade their sales and persuasion skills, this course focuses on how to negotiate, persuade and sell in a productive and ethical manner, and also includes the fundamentals of motivation and consumer behaviour theories.
This course teaches communications professionals to understand and use mobile marketing throughout the customer journey. Focusing on the basics of mobile marketing, you will learn mobile marketing strategies and tactics you need to successfully increase awareness, engagement, transaction, loyalty and influence among prospects and consumers.
If you would like more information about Part-time Learning at the Story Arts Centre please contact email@example.com or 416-289-5000, ext. 2246.