Our unique program at The Story Arts Centre recognizes that
Experience is Everything.
STORYWORKS provides students with bite-sized industry experience by matching them with industry opportunities to ensure that they are prepared for a bright future and success in the work world.
STORYWORKS also provides clients the opportunity to collaborate with bright, young minds across our Communications, Media, Arts and Design programs. Client projects are curated across 14 weeks to deliver high caliber, meaningful group or individual work to clients of all kinds.
STORYWORKS is a unique course designed to provide students with practical, client-based, sample-sized experience in the communications, media and design industries.
The course provides students with professional portfolio content, professional references, and invaluable skills as they are coached by faculty in a real-life context to create projects designed to augment the student-to-professional experience.
Taking a STORYWORKS course is a great way to integrate real industry experience into your learning, preparing you for success in the work world!
Talk to your program coordinator to see if STORYWORKS is offered within your program, and start to think about some interesting clients!
At Centennial, we teach learners and create stories. Working with our talented and creative students is a great way to kick-start initiatives and various projects you may have on your list of objectives.
Get in touch with our Program Coordinator, Jennifer McIlroy, to take the first steps in partnering together!
• Press kit development
• Various media strategy development for new product or agency
• Website auditing/SEO implementation for an organization
• Live blogging/tweeting/media relations at a client event
• Providing background music or entertainment
• YouTube video creation on client product, charity, fundraiser, etc.
• Basic Website development
• Art installation creation for local business
• Article writing on local issue(s)
• Curating an art show in a gallery
• Promotional material development
• Brands for Canada
• Women in Film and Television - Toronto (WIFT-T)
• The Centre for Global Citizenship, Education and Inclusion, Centennial College
• Scarborough General Hospital
• Toronto Zoo
• Rogers Media
• City of Toronto
• Toronto Centre for Community Learning & Development
Contact our STORYWORKS coordinator for more information:
p. 416-289-5000, ext. 8730
STORYWORKS is located at the Story Arts Centre, home of Centennial College’s School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design. Our campus is conveniently located in the heart of East York in the Pape and Danforth neighbourhood, and is easily accessible by transit and car.