Mandatory Clinical Requirements
Mandatory Clinical Requirements
Information for Admitted Students Only
Paramed or Requisite is an external company used by Centennial College to help you prepare for your Clinical Placement. Paramed will assist in the organization of pre-placement requirements: they will be able to determine if you are medically cleared to attend your placement.
- For students attending clinical in September, you must be cleared by July 20.
- For students attending clinical in January, you must be cleared by November 20.
- For students attending clinical in May, you must be cleared by March 20.
Sign the Consent Form giving Centennial College permission to share your personal information with ParaMed. Please come to the front desk of room 352 at the Morningside Campus and ask the staff at the desk to provide you with the consent form.
Please fill out all the necessary information asked of you on the form and return it back to the front desk. Please note: without the consent form, ParaMed will not be able to review your documents.
Once we receive your consent form, it will take about 2-3 business days to upload your file to ParaMed. After three business days, you may log into the Requisite website to register and create your account.
Complete all of your medical and non-medical requirements. For information on your medical requirements, please refer to your Pre-Placement Health Form for details. For your non-medical requirements, please see the information below:
- CPR – HCP Level (Health Care Provider): CPR is valid for one (1) year. The CPR certification must be Level HCP and must be valid for the duration of your placement - cannot expire during clinical placement term. *Note: some certification providers use the term Basic LifeSupport (BLS), this is equivalent to HCP Level
- Mask Fit Testing: This is valid for two (2) years from the date of issue. Mask Fit Certification must be valid for the duration of your placement - cannot expire during your placement term. Your Mask fit can be booked online through myCentennial by clicking on the “Student Services” tab and going to the “School of Community and Health Studies Booking”. The front desk staff outside of room 352 will provide you with a questionnaire that needs to be completed prior to your Mask Fit appointment. The lab is located in room 258. Click here to view instructions on how to book Mask Fit appointments through myCentennial.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check: This is valid for one (1) year, however, it must be issued within 6 months of your placement start date. It must also be valid for the duration of your placement and cannot expire during your placement term. For example: if your placement begins in January, then your VS Police Check must have been issued from August onward.
*Please note: You also have the Expedited Service option. You would complete a Vulnerable Sector Police check form outside room 352 (ensure you bring with you government issued ID at the time of signing) and take it directly down to Toronto Police Headquarters. There is a fee of $65.00, however, you will receive it within three days.
- Toronto Area Students (postal code starts typically with an "M"): The vulnerable sector police check can take up to 4-6 weeks or longer to process depending on findings and volume of applications. Please go to Room 352 at the Morningside Campus to complete the application form. You will need to bring one piece of government issued photo ID with you. Examples: Driver’s license, passport, Permanent Resident Card, Ontario Photo card, etc. The staff at the front desk will give you further instructions to complete the process.
- Durham Region Students (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Peterborough etc.): Please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter to take with you to apply for your police check. Please provide your full name, student number, and program of study when requesting the letter. I will also be providing these letters at the classroom visit at the beginning of the semester.
- York Region Students (Markham, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Stouffville etc.): Please send an email to us at email@example.com to request a letter to take with you to apply for your police check. Please provide your full name, student number, and program of study when requesting the letter. You will need to bring the letter with you to York Regional Police Services with two pieces of photo ID and proof of address.
- Peel Region Students (Mississauga, Brampton areas): Please attend Peel Region Police Service Headquarters located at 7750 Hurontario Road. Please ensure you take two pieces of government issued identification with you. One of the identification cards must have your full legal name, your date of birth, and your picture. You also need to provide proof of address at the Headquarters. Please ensure you process a Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- OPP Area Students: Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter. Please provide your full name, student number, and program of study when requesting the letter.
Make an appointment with ParaMed to have all of your medical and non–medical requirements processed for clearance. You must download and complete this form with your health care provider.
Please contact the Placement Requirements Team at email@example.com for any questions in connection to completing your clinical requirements. Ensure you include your full name, student number, and program of study, and are using your myCentennial e-mail address when communicating with Centennial College.
- Please login to Requisite to book your appointment.
- ParaMed is an external company; hence, you are required to pay a fee in order to have your documents processed. Please see the fee structure below:
- Initial Visit: $54.77 including taxes
- Subsequent/ Follow-Up Visit: $22.69 including taxes
- Please note you will need to clear with Paramed for each semester you go to placement. Placement Requirements will notify you when you can log onto your Paramed account to view the upcoming term on your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that your requirements are updated.
Download and complete the HSPnet Consent Form and return it to Room 352, Morningside Campus.
Make sure you have completed all requirements. Click here to view the Mandatory Checklist for Students.