P.O Box 631 Station A
Toronto, ON, M1K 5E9
Early Learning Centres
Exceptional Child Care
Centennial College operates two exceptional, quality child-care centres as an integral part of our highly-respected Child Studies program. They are licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services, and are open to the public and to the children of students, teachers and staff at Centennial College.
Located at our Progress campus, just east of Markham Road and south of Highway 401, and in East York at 550 Mortimer Avenue, these purpose-built and spacious child-care facilities offer indoor play, activity rooms and outdoor playgrounds that open up a whole new world for children to explore. Digging in the sandbox, reading stories, learning new songs, painting, water play, and dress-up are all part of our dynamic program.
With programs for newborns to five-year-olds, our centres are open year-round on weekdays from 7:30am - 6:00pm. Both centres have special observation areas where you can watch your child play and learn. Smaller groups of children mean more adults per child and more personalized attention. A hot, nutritious lunch and two healthy snacks are served each day.
Linking Hearts and Minds
Understanding and respecting people from diverse backgrounds, ethnic groups and cultures is a key part of our philosophy. Sharing our individual interests, attitudes and customs helps us appreciate the richness of one another. We consider each child's development unique and special, and we welcome your ideas and comments. Your child's development is too precious to be missed. So you can count on regular progress reports. Feel free to join us in group activities, or watch the program from our observation areas.
We invite you to visit us soon. Come and see our centres and discover for yourself a very special place for your child to develop.
Progress Child Care Centre (newborn to five years) is located at our Progress campus at:
- 941 Progress Avenue in Scarborough, near Markham Road and Highway 401
- Telephone 416-289-5203
East York Child Care Centre (newborn to five years) is located at 550 Mortimer Avenue in East York.
- Telephone: 416-289-5000 Ext. 5104
At the Centennial College Early Learning Centres we believe our program shall:
- Reflect a view of children as being competent, capable, curious and rich in potential.
- Promote the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of the children.
- Encourage children to interact and communicate in a positive way, and support their ability to self-regulate.
- Foster the children’s exploration, play and inquiry.
- Provide child-initiated and adult-supported experiences.
- Plan for and create positive learning environments and experiences in which each child’s learning and development will be supported.
- Incorporate indoor and outdoor play, active play, rest and quiet time, into the day, and give consideration to the individual needs of the children receiving child care.
- Support the contnuous professional learning of our staff, home child care providers or others who interact with the children.
- Foster the engagement of and ongoing communication with parents about the program and their children.
- Document and review the impact of the strategies set out in the program statement on the children and their families.
- Involve local community partners and allow those partners to support the children, their families and staff.
- Support positive and responsive interactions among the children, parents, child care providers and staff.
- Plan for and create positive learning experiences for Centennial College Students.
- Program Statement in Action for Infants
- Program Statement in Action for Toddlers
- Program Statement in Action for Preschool