P.O Box 631 Station A
Toronto, ON, M1K 5E9
Professional Development Funds
Professional Development Funds
Centennial College is deeply committed to a learning for all philosophy. Aligned with Centennial’s Learning and Development Policy and Procedures, the Centre for Organizational Learning and Teaching (COLT) is pleased to invite all faculty and staff to submit an application for funded Learning and Development Activities (LDAs).
The Center for Organizational Learning and Teaching (COLT) is proud to announce the launch of the new Learning and Development Funding Application Process.
This process replaces the Professional Development (PD) Funds form previously available on Google Docs and can be accessed on Centennial’s internal SharePoint site.
A link to the SharePoint site can be found by accessing the “Centre for Organizational Learning and Teaching” page on Centennial Central and then clicking on the Organizational Learning and Development section and Professional Development Funds option on the sidebar. Please click here to access the Professional Development Funds page on Centennial Central.
Please note that at this time, you will only be able to access SharePoint from a college computer, connected to the college network. You cannot access the system outside the college network and may experience difficulties using browsers other than Internet Explorer (Windows). This process and system apply to all academic schools and areas only. For all other areas in the college, we encourage you to connect directly with your manager for funding requests.
The benefits of this new process include:
- The ability to view the status of your application at any time
- The option to save your application in case you need to complete at a later time
- Automatic emails sent to you informing you of the status of your application so that you can make arrangements accordingly
- The ability to see a record of all your funding requests
- A streamlined process allowing for timely approval of applications
- Reminders for you to share your experiences with others
To access the system:
- Please review the attached documentation for step-by-step instructions on how to access and complete Professional Development Application Forms
- Access SharePoint by clicking on this link or through the “Centre for Organizational Learning and Teaching” page on Centennial Central
- Please log-in to SharePoint using your Active Directory IDentification (ADID)
For your convenience, please see the training documentation.
Once you have submitted your application, your application is reviewed by the Learning and Development Professional Development Committee within your School and approved by your School Dean. If you have any questions regarding the status of your application, please connect with your School’s PD Committee Chair.
Please note that you no longer need to notify COLT when your application has been submitted.
If you have any technical/access issues or if you are interested in having your area included in this process and system, please contact email email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the status of your application, please contact your School or Department’s Professional Development Committee Chair.