Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician/Technology Fall 2018 - Coming Soon
The Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician/ Technology programs provide graduates with a strong educational base in aerospace, mechanical, UAV, avionics, design and manufacturing of aerospace components and systems.
- The program oﬀers a balance between theory and practice, including instruction in industry‐current software.
- The project‐driven program simulates actual workplace assignments and provides students with practical experience in designing, building, and testing.
- State of the art labs including commercial jet, rotary wings, CNC, mechanical testing lab, automation lab including industry 4.0 application, 3 & 5 axis CNC, and more.
Downsview Park a rich aerospace history, and easy access to public transportation. The Aerospace Manufacturing Technology Engineering programs will be mainly taught in the new Downsview campus which includes state of the art aerospace labs equipped with a wide range of aerospace equipment, CNC mills & lathes, 3D printers, CMMs, Autoclave, testing machines, robotics, automation, robotic cells and UAV training stations.
Qualiﬁed college or university graduates gain direct admission into year two (semester three) and receive their technician diploma in two semesters or technology diploma in four semesters.
The technology program oﬀers an optional co‐op component. Qualiﬁed students can enhance their experiential learning education by working in their ﬁeld.
Graduates of this program may ﬁnd positions as:
- CAD Drafter/CAD Designer
- Aircraft/Mechanical Fabricator & Assembler
- Project Coordinator ‐ Aerospace/Mechanical
- CNC Machinist/Operator
- CNC Programmer
- Inspection Technician (Quality Control/ Assurance and Safety)
- Manufacturing Methods Engineering/ Specialist
- Service ‐ Technical Specialist
- Manufacturing Engineering Planner