Tom Murad, Ph.D., P.Eng. F.E.C., SM.IEEE
Head of Siemens Canada Engineering and Technology Academy Siemens Canada Limited
Area of responsibility
Dr. Tom Murad is the Head of the Siemens Canada Engineering and Technology Academy, established in October 2014. Tom has more than 35 years of Professional Engineering and Technical Operations Executive Management including more than 10 years of Academic and R&D work in Industrial Controls and Automation.
Previous to his current role, Tom was Head of the Expert House and Engineering Director for Siemens Canada’s Industry sector since 2010.
Prior to joining Siemens, Tom was the Senior VP and COO of AZZ- Blenkhorn & Sawle. He previously held various VP and Director positions with numerous international organizations and contributed to many global Industrial projects.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronics), and a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Power Electronics and Industrial Controls from the Loughborough University of Technology in the UK. He also received a Leadership Program Certificate from Schulich Business School, York University in Ontario, Canada.
Dr. Tom Murad is a:
- A member of PEO Order of Honour in Engineering
- A Fellow of Engineers Canada "F.E.C"
- A licensed (P.Eng.) member of The Professional Engineering Ontario (PEO); APEGA in Alberta, and NAPEG in the North WesternTerritories; and a Senior Member of IEEE
- Member of Board of Directors - IEEE Canada
- Chair of Executive committee - IEEE Toronto Section
- Member of Board of Directors – Canadian-German Centre for Innovation and Research“
- Member of the PEO Licensing “Engineering Experience Review “-
- ERC Committee since 2002.
- Chair of OSPE’s Hamilton- Halton Engineering week Committee. Serving on Various Advisory boards in the Industry and the Academia.
About Siemens Canada
For more than 100 years Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens technology in the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization helps make real what matters to Canadians. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 4,800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. One of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of gas and steam turbines for power generation, a major provider of power transmission solutions and a pioneer in infrastructure solutions and automation, drive and software solutions for industry. The company is also a foremost provider of medical imaging equipment and a leader in laboratory diagnostics. Sales for Siemens Canada in fiscal 2015 (ended September 30), were $3.0 billion CAD. The company has 46 offices and 15 production facilities across Canada. Further information is available at http://www.siemens.ca