SETAS has a host of programs to help you accelerate your career. Through our Fast Track programs, you can enter directly into the second year of your course of study.
FTTO: Fast Track to Technology Occupations Programs for Internationally Trained Individuals
These programs are intended for internationally trained individuals (ITIs) who:
- Are unemployed or underemployed because their credentials and experience are not recognized by Canadian employers
- Wish to receive Canadian education, training and workplace experience that will help them obtain satisfactory related employment in a technology field
Students would benefit from the following:
- Specialized English-language training for technology occupations
- An understanding of the workplace in Canada
- An opportunity to gain work experience in Canada while they learn
- A mentor who can help them find employment and adapt to the workplace
The diploma programs offered as Fast Track have been submitted to the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board (CTAB) through our FTTO partner, the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), for national accreditation. Approval indicates that our programs meet the academic requirements that successful graduates need for certification by OACETT as either C.Tech., A.Sc.T. or C.E.T. These protected titles are recognized not only in Ontario but Canada-wide by employers, government agencies and practitioners, ensuring portability of credentials. National accreditation ensures that the programs have met national standards and are of a high quality. Accredited programs are also recognized in a number of foreign countries.
For enquiries, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science (SETAS) at 416-289-5000, extension 8256.
Students in the bridging programs will be able to participate in a minimum of one co-op term.