416-289-5300 ext. 2525
Want to add professional experience to your resume? Enjoy working with a team to solve an industry or community challenge?
The Design Jam Experiential Learning Program #CCDesignJam is a partnership between the Career Services and Co-operative Education Department, the Sloan Leadership Academy and The Office of Strategic Initiatives & External Relations. It is a new graduate initiative to help recent graduates gain practical experience and find employment.
Watch Design Jam Participants in Action:
- Attend a 1-week professional workplace skills and leadership training bootcamp
- Work in small groups (15-20 hours a week either on campus or at employer’s site) for approximately 12 weeks to develop a solution to a business problem or community challenge
- Receive mentorship and career coaching by employers in a variety of fields
- Gain work experience that you can add to your resume
- Develop leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Network with industry professionals and showcase your products, business solutions, and your skills
- Receive ongoing personalized career coaching support from an Employment Advisor throughout the program to secure employment
Who Should Apply:
- Centennial students who graduated within the past 18 months (i.e. December 2017- April 2019 graduates)
- Those not enrolled in full-time study (if you are finishing your program in April 2019, you are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Those who feel they need additional experience to be competitive, and individualized ongoing career coaching to help them secure employment
- Demonstrate professionalism (i.e. track record of good attendance and punctuality, learn quickly and open to receiving feedback, self-directed and work constructively in teams)
- Committed to devoting 20 hours a week to participate in project work between June-August 2019
- Committed to fully participating in a one week professional skills bootcamp
Ready to Apply?
When you are ready to apply, submit an online application form. Apply early as space is limited.
Thank you to those who apply. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.