Want to add professional experience to your resume? Enjoy working with a team to solve an industry or community challenge?
The Design Jam Experiential Learning Program #CCDesignJam is a partnership between the Career Services and Co-operative Education Department, the Sloan Leadership Academy and The Office of Strategic Initiatives & External Relations. It is a new graduate initiative to help recent graduates gain practical experience and find employment.
- Attend a 1-week professional workplace skills and leadership training bootcamp
- Work in small groups (15-20 hours a week either on campus or at employer’s site) for approximately 12 weeks to develop a solution to a business problem or community challenge
- Receive mentorship and career coaching by employers in a variety of fields
- Gain work experience that you can add to your resume
- Develop leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Network with industry professionals and showcase your products, business solutions, and your skills
- Receive ongoing personalized career coaching support from an Employment Advisor throughout the program to secure employment
Who Should Apply:
- Centennial students who graduated within the past 18 months
- Those not enrolled in full-time study (if you are finishing your program in December 2019, you are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Those who feel they need additional experience to be competitive, and individualized ongoing career coaching to help them secure employment
- Demonstrate professionalism (i.e. track record of good attendance and punctuality, learn quickly and open to receiving feedback, self-directed and work constructively in teams)
- Committed to devoting 20 hours a week to participate in project work between January - April 2020
- Committed to fully participating in a one week professional skills bootcamp
Still have questions?
Contact the Design Jam team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone 416-289-5000 ext 2525
In person, C2-10