Want to add professional experience to your resume? Enjoy working with a team to solve an industry or community challenge?
The Design Jam Experiential Learning Program #CCDesignJam is a partnership between the Career Services and Co-operative Education Department, the Sloan Leadership Academy and The Office of Strategic Initiatives & External Relations. It is a new graduate initiative funded by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities to help recent graduates gain practical experience and find employment.
Watch Design Jam Participants in Action:
- Attend weekly professional workplace skills and leadership training program
- Work in small groups (15-20 hours a week either on campus or at employer’s site) for approximately 14 weeks to develop a solution to a business problem or community challenge
- Receive mentorship and career coaching by employers in a variety of fields
- Gain work experience that you can add to your resume
- Develop leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Network with industry professionals and showcase your products, business solutions, and your skills
- Receive a stipend to support your participation in the project
- Receive ongoing personalized career coaching support from an Employment Advisor throughout the program to secure employment
Who Should Apply:
- Centennial students who graduated within the past 18 months (i.e. August 2017 - December 2018 graduates)
- Committed to devoting 15-20 hours a week to participate in project work and attend weekly professional development sessions from January to April 2019
- Those who feel they need additional experience to be competitive, and individualized ongoing career coaching to help them secure employment
- Demonstrate professionalism (i.e. track record of good attendance and punctuality, learn quickly and open to receiving feedback, self-directed and work constructively in teams)
- Those not enrolled in full-time study (if you are finishing your program in December 2018, you are encouraged to apply)
Apply early as space is limited. Thank you to those who apply. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.