416-289-5000, ext. 3850
Student Instructions and FAQ
Student Instructions and FAQ
How to Book a Test with the CALCS
- Log into your myCentennial account
- Select the Student > Student Services link
- Select Book/View my ATOMS Tests under ATOMS in the Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services panel.
- Review the information on the welcome page.
Booking a test
- Click the Book a Test with ATOMS button.
- Select Course Name
- This field lists all courses you are registered in for the current semester.
- Select Test Type
- This field lists Test, Quiz, or In-class Assignment to identify which assessment you are booking.
- Select Test Date
- This field allows you to select the day you will be writing the test. Choose your start time carefully, especially if you think you’ll need extra time.
- Select Test Start Time
- This field allows you to select the starting time of your test. Note: You should be starting at the same time as your class.
- Choose the Accommodations you wish to use for the test.
- Note: This section will list only the approved accommodations which were identified with your Disability Counsellor. Class materials will be indicated by your Instructor.
- Click Next
- Select the Instructor you wish to notify about your booking.
- Click Submit
- Check your email for confirmation of booking.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please come to the CALCS for the scheduled test time and we will do our best to connect with your Instructor.
Viewing and modifying your CALCS test bookings
- Select the View/Modify your ATOMS Booking button.
- On this page you can review the status of any tests which have been booked on ATOMS.
- Tests with a status of Submitted indicate you have submitted a test booking that has not yet been confirmed by your Instructor.
- Tests with a status of Confirmed indicate your Instructor has reviewed and confirmed your test booking (note: any changes from the original booking are indicated in red).
- Once your Instructor has confirmed your test, you will receive an email from ATOMS (any changes from the original booking are indicated in red).
- Tests with a status of Cancelled indicate you have cancelled the test.
How to Modify
- Click the Modify button (note: Tests which have already been confirmed by your Instructor cannot be modified).
- Make required changes to the test booking.
- Click Next.
- Select the Instructor you wish to notify about the change in your booking.
- Click Submit.
How to Cancel
- Click the Cancel button. Note: If you cancel a test, this indicates you will no longer be writing that test with the CALCS.
- Click OK to continue cancelling or Cancel if you wish to go back.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You can schedule the test booking to happen within CALCS office hours and not to conflict with other classes. Your instructor will confirm the date and time you have requested.
Contact your Disability Assistant/Technician (DAT).
Contact your DAT so that they can add the approved accommodation to your test.
Speak with CALCS Front Desk to arrange an appointment with your Disability Counsellor.
Depending on what you want to change, you may need to contact your Instructor or your DAT. Contact your DAT to clarify who you should request to make the test booking change.
You can set up your myCentennial emails to forward to a personal address. Log into your Office365 account to setup auto-forwarding.
Only your extra time accommodation will be visible to Instructors, so that they will know when to pick up the completed test.
No. You are entitled to all of your approved accommodations. You are encouraged to keep your ISP updated with your current accommodation needs.
ATOMS will allow you to select from all Instructors attached to your course. Please ensure you are selecting the correct Instructor for that test booking. If your Instructor changes after the test booking please cancel and rebook the test, selecting the appropriate Instructor.
If you are registered as having a permanent disability you can access your ISP through ASOP. Otherwise, contact your campus CALCS to be placed on the Profile Request List.
Contact your DAT.
Wait five minutes and try again. If the website is still down, contact your DAT to assist you with the test booking.
If you wish to access your “Double time on written answers” accommodation, you must book this test through the CALCS. ATOMS is unable to calculate this accommodation. However, if you will not require this accommodation, deselect this accommodation and proceed with the booking. You will be allotted time and a half.
You will have to manually cancel the booking on ATOMS.
Contact your DAT and they will update the accommodations in the system.
The test request will not be considered submitted until you reach the ATOMS confirmation page.
Please come to the CALCS for the scheduled test time and we will do our best to connect with your Instructor.