416-289-5000, ext. 3850
Attend a virtual educational workshop to practice mindfulness, learn to de-stress, and incorporate other strategies to improve your wellness.
Students who attend 3 live Wellness Wednesday sessions will earn a $30.00 SkipTheDishes gift card.
- Mastering Mindfulness- Sept 29th– 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Reseach shows that mindfulness is connected to better quality of life and mental health, but what is mindfulness anywaynand how can you use it to get the most out of your experience with Centennial? Join us this Wellness Wednesday with CALCS counsellor Jen to take a dive into the world of mindfulness and explore how you can master this practice and your mental health.
- Study Skills 101- Oct 6th – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Studying is a critical skill to have as a student, no doubt, but do you really know and understand how to get the most out of your study habits? Learn from the pros from our Learning Centre on how you can optimize your study habits to get the most out of your learning experience.
- Drink Smart- Oct 13th – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- It's not uncommon to go out for drinks with your social circle, in fact, most people who drink alcohol usually have a favorite beverage! Join in on this Wellness Wednesday session to learn tips & tricks on how you can drink safely with your friends so you can enjoy your time.
- Healthy Body Healthy Minds - Oct 20th – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Physical health and mental health go hand in hand, no doubt. Getting exercise and eating a healthy balanced diet are two evidence-based approaches that contribute to overall flourishing mental health. Join us this Wellness Wednesday with some of the experts from our Athletics & Recreation department to learn tips and tricks on staying active and eating healthy.
- Land your Dream Job - Oct 27th – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Interested in landing a job but don’t really know where to start? Join this Wellness Wednesday session to learn key strategies for networking, job searching, resume & cover letter writing. .
- Kicking Stress to the Curb - Nov 3rd – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Everyone gets stressed out from time to time, and we all have different stressors in our life. Join us this Wellness Wednesday as we check in with a counsellor to learn strategies, tips & tricks on how to manage stress so it doesn't get in your way. Kick that stress to the curb!
- Get an A in a Different Way - Nov 10th– 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Tired of taking multiple-choice assessments or writing long essays? Join us as we demonstrate alternative ways of presenting your subject knowledge/mastery to your faculty. We will review multiple methods that can inform your faculty about what you have learned and introduce platforms to express that knowledge.
- Cooking with the Pros - Nov 17th – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Tired of eating out all the time but you don't know what to cook or where to even start? Join us this Wellness Wednesday as we follow along with our own Chef Lilian Cardoso and learn how to make a quick, simple & healthy meal that you can either make for yourself or enjoy with company!
- Building Boundaries - Nov 24th – 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST
- Healthy boundaries are essential for your personal well-being, especially in the workplace. Join us this Wellness Wednesday as our host Amita Singh, one of our counsellors, takes us through how to build a healthy boundary and when and why it matters.
*Note: Registration is not currently live for these events. Please check back soon to register!
Registration is being hosted using the Experience Centennial App.
- Download the Experience Centennial app or access the web version
- Input your Centennial College login credentials
- Search for “wellness wednesday”
- By registering for one week of Wellness Wednesdays, you will be invited to all sessions.
Have questions or require assistance? Email StudentWellness@centennialcollege.ca.
Watch Past Webinars
- Coping with Online Learning
- Coping with Social Distancing
- Mindful Meditation
- Time Management and Sleeping Well
- Be Fit
- Build Your Network
- Clarify Your Values
- Cook with Company
- Thrive with Technology
- Be Mindful
- Achieve Your Goals
- Land an Interview
- Cook with Company
- Get an A in a Different Way
- Strengthening Your Self Care