416-289-5000, ext. 3850
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student Rights and Responsibilities
In accessing services within the Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services (CALCS), you are privy to all of the rights and responsibilities available to you as a Centennial College Student, as indicated in the Student Rights and Responsibilities Section of our policy website
Additionally, when accessing services from the CALCS, in alignment with our team values, students have the right to the following:
- Accessible, individualized, and equitable services, with clarity in boundaries regarding service access frequency from your primary practitioner;
- Transparency in expectations, processes, and policies;
- Privacy and confidentiality, as per the CALCS Privacy and Confidentiality Agreement, to be reviewed and signed with your counsellor;
- High quality, professional care provided by a team of compassionate professionals.
The CALCS team will work hard, in collaboration with you, to meet your accessibility, health, and wellness needs. We expect for students to be active partners in their accessibility, health and wellness needs, and expect students to follow through on the following responsibilities:
- Actively engage in care plans developed with your counsellor;
- Duty to participate in academic accommodations and success plans:
- If academic accommodation and academic success plans are developed, to follow-through on accessing your assessed accommodations according to CALCS operating procedures and/or success plans developed with your instructor / chair;
- If new functional limitations emerge that make your current assessed accommodations insufficient to access your learning, to promptly notify your CALCS counsellor and provide documentation regarding new functional limitations so we can support you in meeting your needs;
- To engage with all members of the CALCS staff team in a respectful and constructive manner, in alignment with our respectful community expectations outlined below.
Respectful Community Expectations
The Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services is dedicated to creating a campus environment that is inclusive, respectful, and safe for all members of our community. CALCS staff work hard daily to support students and our partners by living our values
To maintain a safe and respectful learning and work environment, abusive behavior will not be tolerated in this space. This includes verbally/physically abusive and threatening behaviours toward our staff and student leaders.
Individuals who engage in abusive or harassing behaviours toward our staff will be asked to step away from our space until they are prepared to engage with our team constructively. Ongoing, unwanted abusive or harassing behaviours may lead to engagement of campus security.
For more information on Centennial College’s Policies to maintain a safe and respectful community, please visit our: Respect at Centennial page.
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have read this form, have had the opportunity to have your questions answered by a Counsellor, and understand your rights and responsibilities when accessing CALCS services.
In Case of Emergency
If we have reason to suspect you are in danger or in need of emergency assistance, the CALCS will attempt to contact the Emergency Contact on file and/or your location’s Emergency First Response service (e.g., 911). If you do not provide emergency contacts or emergency response service information, the CALCS is limited in our ability to provide emergency services to you.
Student Name: ___________________________ Student Number: ___________________________
Student Signature: ___________________________ Today’s Date: ___________________________