Are you looking to get off to a smooth start at Centennial College?
Are you feeling anxious or worried about starting college? Do you feel like you face additional barriers on your path to success?
You are invited to attend Centennial College’s START Smart, a week-long transition program designed to best prepare you for success at college. START Smart occurs before the beginning of each semester. During START Smart, interactive learning opportunities are hosted live via Microsoft Teams, and recordings are made available after each session.
START Smart – Summer 2021
START Smart – Summer 2021 took place from April 26 – 30, 2021.
Did you miss START Smart? Don’t worry! All of the videos are accessible by joining the Experience Centennial Microsoft Team.
To access START Smart – Summer 2021 Videos:
- Join the Experience Centennial in Microsoft Teams by clicking the link above
- You will need to login to Microsoft Teams using your Centennial College login credentials
- If asked for a join code: czimhlg
- Click on the “START Smart – Summer 2021” channel
- Find the “Videos” tab.
Through participating in START Smart, you will:
- learn skills and strategies for academic success in the online environment, including time-management, study skills, and navigating online learning platforms,
- explore strategies for self-care and developing resilience while studying online,
- discover valuable Centennial College services and resources,
- complete a virtual campus tour
- learn about supports available to students with disabilities,
- and more!
START Smart welcomes and encourages participation from Centennial College’s diverse community of equity-deserving students, including those who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ2+, students with disabilities, students whose second language is English, racialized students, newcomers, mature students, students caring for families, and anybody else who is seeking to learn skills and strategies for success.
START Smart – Fall 2021
Dates for START Smart – Fall 2021 will be announced soon.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Robert Hurtubise, Smart Transitions Coordinator at email@example.com.