Are you looking to get off to a smooth start at Centennial College?
Are you feeling anxious or worried about starting college? Do you feel like you face additional barriers on your path to success?
You are invited to attend Centennial College’s START Smart program, a one-day transition event designed to best prepare you for success at college. At START Smart, you will:
- learn skills and strategies for academic success, including time-management and study skills
- explore strategies for self-care and developing resilience,
- discover valuable campus and community resources,
- meet like-minded students and make friends,
- connect with upper year students to hear firsthand about how they achieved success,
- and more!
START Smart 2020
Saturday, January 4
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Progress Campus, Main Building (Library), L2-18
This is a free event and lunch is provided.
START Smart welcomes and encourages participation from Centennial College’s diverse community of equity-seeking students, including those who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ2+, students with disabilities, students whose second language is English, racialized students, newcomers, mature students, students caring for families, and anybody else who is seeking to learn skills and strategies for success.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Robert Hurtubise, Smart Transitions Coordinator at (416) 289-5000, ext. 2219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.