The Counselling Centre
At Centennial College, all students can use our free, confidential counseling services. The Counselling Centre gives you a safe place to explore your thoughts and feelings. Our mandate is to work with you to:
- Identify and fix sources of stress that could be affecting your academic performance
- Support your general wellbeing and positive mental health
- Look at any issues you may have from a different perspective
- Explore new possibilities and develop new coping skills
- Learn new ways of communicating and developing meaningful relationships
The Counselling Centre offers culturally sensitive services that respect and appreciate the diversity of the college community.
What we do:
Personal Counselling: Helps you address personal issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, adjusting to college and relationship issues. It also helps you develop coping strategies, self-esteem, and confidence.
Crisis Intervention: If you are experiencing a crisis or emergency, such as suicidal thoughts, concern for your own safety, loss of a loved one, extreme sadness or emotional distress, you will be given priority and booked with the first available counselor.
Consultation and Referrals: We consult with faculty and staff on your behalf and refer you to the correct professional services outside the college when needed, such as hospitals/doctors, specialty mental health services, addictions treatment, shelters, food bank and other services.