Are you a second, third or fourth-year student who wants to make a difference in other students’ lives? Are you knowledgeable, reliable, punctual, and see yourself as a great role model? eMentors serve to support and encourage new students as they transition into Centennial College. eMentors will be an insightful guide for new students and a considerate facilitator who provides access and referral to Centennial College resources while acting as an advocate for all new student experiences.
- Schedule, attend and lead weekly eMentorshop group sessions
- Maintain communication with proteges and encourage participation in weekly meetings
- Be open and available to proteges
- Attend bi-weekly eMentor meetings with Program coordinators
- Develop a relationship with Proteges and provide assistance and referral to College services
- Participate in a mandatory two-day training program (May 14 – 15, 2020)
- Provide advice on balancing your school and home life
- A student at Centennial College registered in Summer 2020 or on official break returning in September 2020
- A student in semester two or higher
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft 365, eCentennial)
If you are interested in becoming a Centennial College eMentor please fill out an application form. Applications will open on April 20, 2020, ePeer Mentor applications will close on May 1, 2020, at 5:00 pm. Questions can be directed to Allyssa Rampersad email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be contacted for a virtual group interview