Online Career Tools
Career Services offers a number of online tools and assessments to help you with your career planning and job search activities.
All of the following resources are available below and on HireCentennial.
- Access full and part-time, summer and volunteer opportunities
- Register for workshops and career events
- Book appointments with employment advisors
- Review sample resumes, cover letters and tip sheets on job search and interviews
- Access industry-specific job sites
Step 1. Login to your myCentennial account
Step 2. Click on Student, Studnent Services
Step 3. Scroll down to the Career Services and Co-op Education box, and click on the HireCentennial link
Build your network by connecting with alumni and industry professionals at the Centennial Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees. (Access code: centennial)
- Meet industry leaders online or in-person to gain advice and career insights
- Tap into the knowledge and expertise of the Centennial network
- Connect with your future employer
Would you hire you?
Find out with InterviewStream. Practice interviewing anytime, anywhere, and receive feedback on your performance.
Step 1. Create an account using your my.centennialcollege.ca email address
Step 2. Watch the video tutorial
Step 3. Start practicing your interview skills
*A webcam and microphone are required*
Explore career options based on your interests, skills and strengths through an online self-assessment.
One of the first things to do when looking for work is to decide what kind of work to look for. TypeFocus will help you do that through three career assessments.
Everyone is different. Once you discover what makes you unique, you can use that information to select jobs that will honor your strengths.
The payoff is that you will find work that will be a good fit for your personality, interests and values, which means you will be successful where it counts - in the long run. As you understand yourself better, you will understand others better as well.
You will need to login to your HireCentennial account to access TypeFocus. For HireCentennial instructions, see above.
To date, the Magnet network includes
- 30+ university and college partners representing 700,000+ students
- 90,000+ job seekers
- 9,700+ employers
- 200+ community-based partners
- 30-member Advisory Council composed of leaders from a cross-section of relevant sectors