Guidelines for Students Requiring Tutoring
- Tutors will speak English only.
- Please make your appointments in advance.
- All appointments are one student with one tutor.
- Students may book a maximum of one hour of appointments per day.
- Students may have up to four hours a week of tutoring.
- Students are not guaranteed the same tutor each week.
- Full-time tutors also schedule 'Drop-in' sessions for students with quick questions who have not been able to book online appointments. Check drop-in times with Learning Centre staff.
- Students will be asked to show their Centennial College identification before tutoring sessions.
- Prepare for your appointments by identifying your problem areas and where you need help.
- Prepare for your appointments by doing all assignments on your own and bringing any necessary materials (textbooks, graded assignments, graded test papers, etc.).
- Attend class regularly and keep up with all class assignments. Tutoring is not a substitute for class attendance.
- Tutors can help with courses in which you are currently enrolled. Tutors only assist with material that has been taught in class.
- It is illegal to photocopy books. Tutors will not be able to help students who bring photocopied textbooks to their tutoring sessions.
- Tutors will report any cheating or unethical behaviour of any student at Centennial College.
- The tutors will not do your homework or assignments. Tutors do not edit or proofread.
- If you cannot attend an appointment, please cancel it 12 hours in advance on the "View my Appointments" page of the computer booking system. If you do not give us 12 hours notice using the computer or by phone, it will be counted as a "NO-SHOW".
- If you are late for your appointment by 15 minutes or more, your tutor will not be available and this will be counted as a NO-SHOW.
- If you collect 2 NO-SHOWs, you will not be allowed to have more tutoring for the remainder of the semester.
Failure to abide by the Centennial College Student Code of Conduct will result in a loss of tutoring services.